Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: No whites allowed
Yes, I support the right of businesses to not allow whites into their establishment. 65 51.59%
No, I don't believe businesses should have that right. 61 48.41%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Actually the one white guy looked like a businessman (or alumni) and the oriental looking young guys were just at a kiosk table viewing printed material.

All the other photographs of all the events have 100% black people.

I'm just saying.....the material proof of your claim is sorely lacking.
Although I like race-type topics, I'm always leery of these threads. The fact that there's usually racist-leaning posts, not to mention the animousity, kind of makes me hesitant. But obviously not too hesitant to throw in my two cents. Which is...

You are right in that names should be changed. I mean, would there be protests if a supposedly integrated restaurant posted a sign saying This Is a White People Establishment? Even if the restaurant willingly serves everyone, there is obviously something else implied.

I'm from the school of thought that America has to do away with racial thinking. It is daunting task and obviously not everyone is on board. So the first order of business is to make it socially unacceptable for all people to have race as a wanted element of their environment. Right now that clearly isn't the case.

Oh, and by the way, let's get rid of the Washington Redskins team name. It's not that I'm politically correct, it's just that like those race-specific scholarships, its time for the name to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
although this is a extremely stupid thread,,,I guess its to combat the one started about blacks, but I will respond anyway. The UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND are now awarded to ALL NATIONALITIES. The same as the Historically Black Colleges, they are now Integrated. Keep up man
With Hispanics

Old 09-09-2011, 07:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
I've been refused entry to a bar because I was white. I'm sure the place still has a similar policy though I doubt it's ever tested because the place has gotten to be a very rough one.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Yes. They'll learn quickly when their business tanks.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,339 times
Any business that would want to discriminate against any race or nationality, whether it be white, black, Hispanic, Asian, or anything else, wouldn't be worth my time.

Besides, going to minority-owned businesses when the owners are cool can be a rewarding experience. If they're hostile (which does happen,) they're only able to serve a limited number of customers and just continue to perpetuate divisions.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Do you support the right of businesses to not allow white customers? For example, your neighborhood grocery store or restaurant?

Attached Thumbnails
Should businesses be allowed to have a "no whites allowed" policy?-do-not-feed-trolls.png  

Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 PM

14,029 posts, read 15,037,335 times
Yes lets not let 70% of americans shop at our store, how could that possibly backfire?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Yes, they have a right to discriminate against whites.
Then by the same token they should have the right to discriminate against blacks. But really, where does that get us? Do you REALLY want to resegregate? No business should be allowed to discriminate against anyone based on their race.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,690 times
What bout us Hispanics? Some of us ARE white.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Do we really want a society were I have to explain a sign like that to my kids? By the way any business that does any of that crap will also have the "going out of business" sign in the window. To the op I understand why you started this thread but do not let insecure weak people make you fall to their level. All racist that I know black or white have some glaring weakness that everyone around them knows about. I figure that is what makes them think they can feel superior just for being part of a race because as an individual they are pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies