Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: No whites allowed
Yes, I support the right of businesses to not allow whites into their establishment. 65 51.59%
No, I don't believe businesses should have that right. 61 48.41%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

I recently went into a little second hand store near my home. I went in and found a beautiful old set of china and I decided to buy it. I asked the shop owner how much and was told it was already sold. So I found something else in the shop. Once again I was told it was sold.. I repeated this process numbers of times and each time was told it was sold. I have a lifetime friend who is mexican.. I told him what I wanted and he went in and bought it, and guess what, it wasn't sold afterall... Discrimination is discrimination regardless of who does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Do we really want a society were I have to explain a sign like that to my kids? By the way any business that does any of that crap will also have the "going out of business" sign in the window. To the op I understand why you started this thread but do not let insecure weak people make you fall to their level. All racist that I know black or white have some glaring weakness that everyone around them knows about. I figure that is what makes them think they can feel superior just for being part of a race because as an individual they are pathetic.
I'm sorry but I really think that's a **** poor way to determine political policy. Oh noez I may have to explain something difficult to my child!!1! I'm already going to have to explain a lot to my child, that's life. Life's hard, wear a helmet.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Then by the same token they should have the right to discriminate against blacks. But really, where does that get us? Do you REALLY want to resegregate? No business should be allowed to discriminate against anyone based on their race.
I love this line of thought. If suddenly big brother decides to stop forcing us to be nice we'll all decide to just go back to the 1950's. Allowing a business to decide who it wants to serve =/= Jim Crow laws. Give me a break.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:56 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I love this line of thought. If suddenly big brother decides to stop forcing us to be nice we'll all decide to just go back to the 1950's. Allowing a business to decide who it wants to serve =/= Jim Crow laws. Give me a break.
It really shows their true colors. Neo Progs truly believe that they are the only "enlightened" ones and the rest of us need the government to think for us.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but I really think that's a **** poor way to determine political policy. Oh noez I may have to explain something difficult to my child!!1! I'm already going to have to explain a lot to my child, that's life. Life's hard, wear a helmet.
I guess my post touched a nerve. Oh well.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
I would like to add that I would never say "Oh noez' sorry I do not speak that way

Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I recently went into a little second hand store near my home. I went in and found a beautiful old set of china and I decided to buy it. I asked the shop owner how much and was told it was already sold. So I found something else in the shop. Once again I was told it was sold.. I repeated this process numbers of times and each time was told it was sold. I have a lifetime friend who is mexican.. I told him what I wanted and he went in and bought it, and guess what, it wasn't sold afterall... Discrimination is discrimination regardless of who does it.
Yet you still gave them your money

Old 09-11-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I guess my post touched a nerve. Oh well.
Yes, because that's a really ****ty way to govern a nation. No wonder we're such a weak ass nation, we're afraid kids might have to see that life's difficult and full of strife.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Yes, because that's a really ****ty way to govern a nation. No wonder we're such a weak ass nation, we're afraid kids might have to see that life's difficult and full of strife.
Look if you want a society were racism is front and center then fine. I prefer what we have now. I do not need more racism on full display. Why do you want this so bad? It will not make you a better person because people are allowed to have full public racism on display.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Look if you want a society were racism is front and center then fine. I prefer what we have now. I do not need more racism on full display. Why do you want this so bad? It will not make you a better person because people are allowed to have full public racism on display.
What about the 1st amendment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies