Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:32 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Very few, if any, constructive opinions from those who don't believe anything other than fire brought down WTC7.

At least I've proven my theory these people are not too bright. But then again, that was proven years ago.
Yes, yes, we know you are smarter than the folks at Popular Mechanics and Congressional investigators. Jeez, if they only had you we would know the "real" truth.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. Conspiracy theorist are just plain fools.

Last edited by Scotty011; 09-11-2011 at 01:01 PM..

Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Your position seems too inconsistent to me to take very seriously. Here, you accept without question the official explanation for the twin towers collapse. They weren't brought down by airliners at all. The upper floors were damaged by airliners and a fire ensued. The makes the collapse of support for the floors above the impact very plausible. But you actually buy that the entire building came down just about as fast as it could fall as a result?
Quote:
I read a Popular Mechanics debunking of controlled demolition of the Twin Towers. I never once thought they were brought down in a controlled explosion, they were brought down by airliners.

WTC7, on the other hand, not so much.
Here you're asking questions again. My point being that, if we are being hoodwinked, it logically threads through the entire sequence of events. And the complete collapse of the twin towers as a result of fires high in the buildings has never smelled right....consistent with your post below.

There are many things that don't pass common sense tests and there is no reason to limit our skepticism to building 7.
Quote:

Beijing - Feb. 2009.

Didn't collapse.

Now, from the PM article "debunking" conspiracies:

» Fire Consumes WTC 7-Size Skyscraper, Building Does Not Collapse Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

WTC7

Old 09-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
Why did the developer Larry Silverstein admit that they 'pull" WTC 7? Is that in the Popular Mechanics article?
Huh? Too funny, the truthers are a strange lot. Silversteins comments were in reference to attempts to extinguish the fires. So now truthers are somehow indicating Silverstein had the building demolished. let's look t this claim closely. How could Silverstein had the building demolished? Did he have demolition experts at his side who brought the buildings sown at a moments notice? Did he have advanced knowledge of the high jacking? Why did he only want to demolish 7?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes, yes, we know you are smarter than the folks at Popular Mechanics and Congressional investigators. Jeez, if they only had you we would know the "real" truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. Conspiracy theorist are just plain fools.

WTC 7 Pull It By Larry Silverstein - YouTube

Straight for the source. Larry said that he consulted with people and decided to "pull" WTC 7. Please advise if Popular Mechanics refuted Larry Silverstein.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Your position seems too inconsistent to me to take very seriously. Here, you accept without question the official explanation for the twin towers collapse. They weren't brought down by airliners at all. The upper floors were damaged by airliners and a fire ensued. The makes the collapse of support for the floors above the impact very plausible. But you actually buy that the entire building came down just about as fast as it could fall as a result?

Here you're asking questions again. My point being that, if we are being hoodwinked, it logically threads through the entire sequence of events. And the complete collapse of the twin towers as a result of fires high in the buildings has never smelled right....consistent with your post below.

There are many things that don't pass common sense tests and there is no reason to limit our skepticism to building 7.
Fair enough.

I'm of the opinion there was no way to bring down the WTC1 and 2, it just was not humanly possible to have planned that to all take place in 102 minutes, even with foreknowledge of events. I don't think the buildings were designed to withstand an airliner completely full of fuel.

I cannot accept the Popular Mechanics explanation that WTC7 came down as a result of "burning office furniture" when compared to Madrid/Beijing

Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post

WTC 7 Pull It By Larry Silverstein - YouTube

Straight for the source. Larry said that he consulted with people and decided to "pull" WTC 7. Please advise if Popular Mechanics refuted Larry Silverstein.
Firefighters, my friend, pull the firefighters.

Now again, Please explain to me if your version of events is correct, did Silverstein have demolition experts at the ready? How did the get into the building?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Conspiracy theorists suffer from a pathology, they are nuts.

Field Guide to the Conspiracy Theorist: Dark Minds | Psychology Today

Conspiracy Theorists: Is the Truth Out There? | Psychology Today

Conspiracy Theories Explained | Psychology Today

After many attempts, I am convinced they are not worth engaging. Any evidence that contradicts their pathology is dismissed as faked, and the the person presenting the evidence is called a paid shill. When they present evidence that is clearly wrong, they refuse to acknowledge it, after being corrected. They repeat questions as answers and finally they repeat the same posts again and again with tag lines that make sense only to them. Just watch and wait and check off my predictions.

Cheers!
"They are not worth engaging because there is logic to their points, and I don't have an answer. Plus, I like things to be nice and simple, and I want to trust everything that my government tells me, even when the evidence doesn't add up to the allegations. I also get to feel as though I'm superior for supporting the official story. I can then try to connect legitimate 9-11 truther arguments to insane UFO conspiracy stories, to delegitimize those people as nuts. See how it works? By doing this, I help build up the official story, and I am at peace again with my mindset or account of events. Ahh, that feels good".

Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Aren't you a birther?
Let's be honest.

Something is wrong about Obama's birth and/or legal standing. All the evidence supports such.

In the same manner, something is wrong with the official story of 9-11.

The "Truthers" and "Birthers" each have legitimate arguments.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post

FACT 5: On September 16th, NASA flew an airplane over the World Trade Center site, recorded infrared radiation coming from the ground, and created a thermal map. The U.S. Geological Survey analyzed this data, and determined the actual temperature of the rubble. This map shows that five days after the collapse of Building 7, the surface temperature of a section of its rubble was 1,341º F. This high a temperature is indicative of the use of explosives.
“WTC 7’s rubble pile continued to smolder for months.”
Not discounting your other facts but this one stands out to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies