Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 AM

773 posts, read 503,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Of course it will, you are well ahead of the curve if you have already figured that out. Conservative just means the desire for no change while liberal is open to change.
Really? I hear this a lot from liberals, but what is the reality?

Are liberals open to:
  • allowing full gun rights
  • giving more protection to the unborn
  • lowering the tax burden on business overall
  • securing our borders
  • enforcing immigration laws
  • allowing a company (Boeing) to create more jobs in right to work states
  • allowing people to not be forced to buy a product for simply being alive (HI)
  • allowing states to run their own educational system without mandates and interference from the federal government
  • allowing minorities and Caucasians to have the same exact rights, without special rights for any one group
  • allowing workers to vote in a secure and private environment either for or against unionizing, just like when voting for politicians
  • allowing thousands of jobs to be created by allowing states to decide where and when our own natural energy sources can be harvested
  • allowing people to succeed or fail on their own
No matter how many times liberals "claim" to be open minded, they prove themselves not to be. For the most part, liberals are only open to things which "they" want. If they were truly open minded, they would be embracing conversation and ideas from their conservative counterparts. But just by the short list I provided you can see liberals are far from open minded and in fact, they want to "push" their ideology down our throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Conservatives think a country can be run successfully without anyone paying taxes, they hate taxes and think they should be able to live and have all the benefits of this country without paying for them....(BIG moochers)

Conservatives think that if they say enough times, "people shouldn't have sex", "if people quit having sex", that there will be no need for abortions.

Conservatives think that if all the money goes to the top 2% wealthiest people then we won't have a third world country.

WHO is out of touch with reality???

I suppose you really believe this babble. Sad.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 AM

227 posts, read 140,970 times
Quote:

Conservatives think a country can be run successfully without anyone paying taxes, they hate taxes and think they should be able to live and have all the benefits of this country without paying for them....(BIG moochers)

Conservatives think that if they say enough times, "people shouldn't have sex", "if people quit having sex", that there will be no need for abortions.

Conservatives think that if all the money goes to the top 2% wealthiest people then we won't have a third world country.

WHO is out of touch with reality???

I am a conservative (not Republican) I have never voted no for a tax increase on the local level. So I guess that makes your comment pretty stupib. Just amazing to me people can be this moronic in thought.

I am against my tax money going to people that breed more kids that they can not pay for. I am against my tax money going to companies that turn out to be a scam. With the guy worth BILLIONS is the backer of.

Again just foolish.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-18-2011 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-18-2011, 08:14 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Of course it will, you are well ahead of the curve if you have already figured that out. Conservative just means the desire for no change while liberal is open to change.
Well by that definition (which is the textbook definition) modern day liberals are anything but liberal.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Why do so many young people consider themselves liberals, to only then become more and more conservative as they get older?
In these cases it's just that with age we grow in experience and wisdom and that leads to common sense

Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Conservatives think a country can be run successfully without anyone paying taxes, they hate taxes and think they should be able to live and have all the benefits of this country without paying for them.

Is that so?

Liberals think every person should make "the salary" (the same salary!) regardless of ability, skills, motivation, effort, time, training, etc. and they think once this in place then everyone will work their hardest in their appointed field for the common good with no personal incentives.

Liberals think you're an @sshole if you say "life's not fair," because they think if they could just get enough government, they could ensure every aspect of life IS fair.

Liberals are highly suspicious of the way all resources and capital flow in the capital market, labor market, and consumer market, and think the government should be in charge of all of those flows to ensure equality, safety, and fairness, and think if government is in charge of all this we'll still have a "free" country.

I got more...

Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Really? I hear this a lot from liberals, but what is the reality?

Are liberals open to:
  • allowing full gun rights
  • giving more protection to the unborn
  • lowering the tax burden on business overall
  • securing our borders
  • enforcing immigration laws
  • allowing a company (Boeing) to create more jobs in right to work states
  • allowing people to not be forced to buy a product for simply being alive (HI)
  • allowing states to run their own educational system without mandates and interference from the federal government
  • allowing minorities and Caucasians to have the same exact rights, without special rights for any one group
  • allowing workers to vote in a secure and private environment either for or against unionizing, just like when voting for politicians
  • allowing thousands of jobs to be created by allowing states to decide where and when our own natural energy sources can be harvested
  • allowing people to succeed or fail on their own
No matter how many times liberals "claim" to be open minded, they prove themselves not to be. For the most part, liberals are only open to things which "they" want. If they were truly open minded, they would be embracing conversation and ideas from their conservative counterparts. But just by the short list I provided you can see liberals are far from open minded and in fact, they want to "push" their ideology down our throats.
I've been called a "liberal" on here, well actually I've been called worse but none the less I agree with:
-Full gun rights
-Securing the border
-"Lowering the tax burden on businesses" is a complicated issue but I agree and disagree with it depending on what you're talking about.
-I don't care what Boeing does
-Equal rights for all Americans, no Affirmative Action
-I'm an "all of the above" person when it comes to our energy situation
-I think just about everyone wants people to make it or fail on their own.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Is that so?

Liberals think every person should make "the salary" (the same salary!) regardless of ability, skills, motivation, effort, time, training, etc. and they think once this in place then everyone will work their hardest in their appointed field for the common good with no personal incentives.

That is just so much BS! I am called a "liberal" on this forum (though some of my friends would laugh at that) and I think people should be paid according to their job qualificaitons, etc. Show one link that any "liberal" has ever said any such thing.

Liberals think you're an @sshole if you say "life's not fair," because they think if they could just get enough government, they could ensure every aspect of life IS fair.

Again, BS.

Liberals are highly suspicious of the way all resources and capital flow in the capital market, labor market, and consumer market, and think the government should be in charge of all of those flows to ensure equality, safety, and fairness, and think if government is in charge of all this we'll still have a "free" country.

I got more...
Again, BS. Please show some links to back this up.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Is that so?

Liberals think every person should make "the salary" (the same salary!) regardless of ability, skills, motivation, effort, time, training, etc. and they think once this in place then everyone will work their hardest in their appointed field for the common good with no personal incentives."""

I don't think that at all...that's made up gobbledeygook from conservatives who truly believe that if average Americans all make minimum wage the economy will recover....

"""Liberals think you're an @sshole if you say "life's not fair," because they think if they could just get enough government, they could ensure every aspect of life IS fair. """

Oh , really? Guess ya turn a blind eye to Repugs whining like children about their taxes..""WAAHHH, it'snot fair that we don't get to direct every penny to only things Il lie...wahhhhh!"""

"""Liberals are highly suspicious of the way all resources and capital flow in the capital market, labor market, and consumer market, and think the government should be in charge of all of those flows to ensure equality, safety, and fairness, and think if government is in charge of all this we'll still have a "free" country."""

ConservRepugs believe all money should simply flow up to their only gods and that won't make the US a Third world country....

I got more...
You got nothin'

Old 09-18-2011, 11:54 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times
NorthGAbound12

I consider myself a moderate and I happen to agree all items on your list-----lets dump the labels on people and start to get to the table to get this country out of the doldrums.

You dont have to be a hard core conservative to agree that there is too much regulation, uneven immigration law, too much interference on education ect.... I agree with you.

Now hard core conservatives must also agree to tax reform-----not only reducing corporate tax loads, but eliminating most of the treacherous loopholes that leave the irs gasping for air. We agree that some entitlement modifications are needed, but we to stop scaring people by calling social security a ponzi scheme.

Ive agreed to your list and if you agree to tax reforms and working to secure ss and working to reducing the hardships for middle class Americans maybe we can move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies