Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Tell that to the liberals who want to tax us of all our income. Whatever happened to "live and let live" when it comes to the hard earned money of taxpayers. Why not keep your government out of my paycheck?
Liberals want the government out of their bedrooms, but in every other room of your house, and your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I was a Conservative for decades until the Bush Family took over. Now I wouldn't vote Republican if the only other choice was Communist.

Now that is very educated and mature of you. No wonder you joined the liberal camp.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Just look above at the childish post of the liberals here. They too will mature one day.
You are confusing dimentia with maturity. You may want to see someone about that.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Some of it is because the bar is sliding from right to left.

Attitudes on things like race and sexuality are viewed much differently than they were 30 years ago.

If you were somewhat accepting of interracial relationships 30 years ago, that was "liberal" thinking. If your attitude hasn't changed in 30 years and you are still somewhat accepting of interracial relationships, then your thinking is considered conservative.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are confusing dimentia with maturity. You may want to see someone about that.

Good example of immaturity.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:36 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Good example of immaturity.
You confuse humor with immaturity. So if people don't agree with you they are immature. O.K. I get it. Carry on.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You confuse humor with immaturity. So if people don't agree with you they are immature. O.K. I get it. Carry on.

Sorry I think I misread your post.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Something to think about there. I am observing the transformation of FISCAL liberals to something further to the right. They move away from the tax the hell out of OTHER people and spread the money around mentality.

From a social point of view, that may not be as obvious or be to a meaningful measurable degree. Too many variables there.
You bring up a pretty valid point, and I see a number of liberals on this thread talking about liberalism for social policies, and conservatives talking about conservatism on fiscal policies. It's two entirely different arguments.

Quote:
Notice how the left caters to getting the "young" vote and Obama campaigns at a LOT of colleges, yet the Tea Party is of an older age? That kind of tells the whole story and backs up the thread completely.
No it doesn't. It only shows that political parties believe this bit of "common sense" which is entirely unsupported by any real evidence as of yet.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM

227 posts, read 140,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The world would be a much better place without conservatives, live and let live and
mind your own ****ing business...

I have no problem with this. While we are letting them live and let live can we please not let them have any taxpayer money.

I am not a Repub and damn well not a liberal. Liberals cost the taxpayers more money than anyone.

I don't care what you do, who you have sex with, how much drugs you do, or how many babies you pop out. I only care when you want my money to fund your life choices. That is all that matters to me.

Don't commit crimes and stay out of my pockets. Thats it

Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 PM

227 posts, read 140,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I was a Conservative for decades until the Bush Family took over. Now I wouldn't vote Republican if the only other choice was Communist.

Again this is just silly thinking. Please don't ever confuse Bush for a conservative. He was a pretty liberal guy when it came to spending our money. How much did he give to Africa and other nations. What about his perscription plan. Bush was far far from a conservative.

Your thinking is just silly. Hate Bush yet vote for Obama when Obama does the samething and even more than Bush. Not very smart of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies