Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Really? I hear this a lot from liberals, but what is the reality?

Are liberals open to:
  • allowing full gun rights
  • giving more protection to the unborn
  • lowering the tax burden on business overall
  • securing our borders
  • enforcing immigration laws
  • allowing a company (Boeing) to create more jobs in right to work states
  • allowing people to not be forced to buy a product for simply being alive (HI)
  • allowing states to run their own educational system without mandates and interference from the federal government
  • allowing minorities and Caucasians to have the same exact rights, without special rights for any one group
  • allowing workers to vote in a secure and private environment either for or against unionizing, just like when voting for politicians
  • allowing thousands of jobs to be created by allowing states to decide where and when our own natural energy sources can be harvested
  • allowing people to succeed or fail on their own
No matter how many times liberals "claim" to be open minded, they prove themselves not to be. For the most part, liberals are only open to things which "they" want. If they were truly open minded, they would be embracing conversation and ideas from their conservative counterparts. But just by the short list I provided you can see liberals are far from open minded and in fact, they want to "push" their ideology down our throats.
You don't quite understand, but many do not. Conservatives either want things to stay the same or go back to some time in the past. Liberals are not usually interested in going backwards in time. The things you suggest were available in the 1800's, sorry most liberals are not interested in going back to the 1800's . That is not considered progress, and so no in that respect Liberals are not open minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
That's probably why you still don't get the point.
Drivel tends to turn me off.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is not considered progress, and so no in that respect Liberals are not open minded.
Thank you for proving my point. Liberals are only open to what THEY want. They simply won't be open to what conservatives want.

Let me break it down for you. That means LIBERALS ARE NOT OPEN MINDED!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:43 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Still don't get it.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You don't quite understand, but many do not. Conservatives either want things to stay the same or go back to some time in the past. Liberals are not usually interested in going backwards in time. The things you suggest were available in the 1800's, sorry most liberals are not interested in going back to the 1800's . That is not considered progress, and so no in that respect Liberals are not open minded.
Another thing liberals do. They justify everything and everything by saying "it's progress." As if new necessarily equals better.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:07 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
That's probably why you still don't get the point.

I'm sure she never will.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then I suggest you stop writing so much of it, liberal drivel gets old.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Then I suggest you stop writing so much of it, liberal drivel gets old.
Drivel? Read your last 20 posts.....make that your last 443 posts.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
I have become more liberal with age, not more conservative. It comes with seeing so damned much greed, lack of freedom and misjustice in the world. Besides, I associate conservatives with wanting to make clear to me what I can't do, rather than what I can do.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
But liberals telling us how to eat, what size house to buy, what kind of car to buy and how much of our own money we should be able to keep is fine and dandy?

If you want live and let live and mind your own business, liberalism isn't for you either.
You're not talking about liberals. You're talking about radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies