Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,198,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Um, nope, none of ours have them.
Theres something to be said about driving vintage.
Um, yes they do. Just because you have an oldie doesn't mean that cars don't have black boxes.

That would be like saying cars don't have MPFI because the model T didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 11:32 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,065,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Um, yes they do. Just because you have an oldie doesn't mean that cars don't have black boxes.

That would be like saying cars don't have MPFI because the model T didn't.
No, they dont, the 1979 TR7 I drive doesnt have one, my husbands 77 GMC truck definitely doesnt have one, he built the entire engine himself, as well my car, so dont go popping off before you know what you are speaking of, mkay?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
No, they dont, the 1979 TR7 I drive doesnt have one, my husbands 77 GMC truck definitely doesnt have one, he built the entire engine himself, as well my car, so dont go popping off before you know what you are speaking of, mkay?
Maybe you should read my post. You missed my MPFI analogy. I understood you in your original post.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,065,455 times
Quote:
You totally missed the point. Obviously your oldies don't have black boxes. You're missing the entire point of the original posters post. They care concerned about cars beign manufactured. Not cars that have been manufactured already.

Just because your old cars don't have black boxes doesn't mean that cars don't have black boxes in general. You're trying to take your two cars as an an argument against a general statement about cars already being built with black boxes. Your two cars doesn't invalidate a general statement.

You have to read posts. That's why I used that MPFI analogy. Obviously it was in relation to your cars not having blackboxes just like the model T doesn't have MPFI.
No, I didnt miss the point at all, I was responding to your particular post that said all cars have black boxes, remember that post?

Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
No, I didnt miss the point at all, I was responding to your particular post that said all cars have black boxes, remember that post?
I never said all cars do. I said cars already have blackboxes. You took that as all cars ever made have black boxes.

Again, that's why I brought up the MPFI and model T analogy to be clear. But you still didn't seem to understand.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,104,150 times
When I lived in Brooklyn NY, I went over the Verrazzano Bridge the first day it opened. It cost 50 cents. We were told the toll would be retired when the bonds were paid. That was 48 years ago. Then we were told the bridge needed a second deck. So the toll increased to pay for the 'temporary' bonds. A few years later, the tolls were increased again to subsidize the NYC transit system. Yes, vehicle owners pay a higher toll so subway riders can have a cheap ride.
Why is it that taxes on fuel paid for 40,000 miles of interstate highways but if the highway goes over water, you have to pay a toll? Why didn't the fuel tax pay for the bridge?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,812,773 times
Quote:
When I lived in Brooklyn NY, I went over the Verrazzano Bridge the first day it opened. It cost 50 cents. We were told the toll would be retired when the bonds were paid.
It should've been free to cross by now. It connects one borough to another. Might as well charge tolls on the other three bridges into Manhattan.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,146 times
Quote:
Don't forget Chris Christie.

The money is going towards WTC construction.
WTC construction is PRIVATE PROPERTY. Why should taxpayers have to subsidize a private building that would be built anyway?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Wow. so if a person had to cross the bridge every weekday for a year it would shave 3,000 dollars off their bottom line.

I'd be willing to bet that the bridge itself gets pennies on every toll dollar for maintenance and improvements. the rest goes into the pockets and benefits of the $80,000 per year toll takers.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
WTC construction is PRIVATE PROPERTY. Why should taxpayers have to subsidize a private building that would be built anyway?
It's port authority property the tenants lease it. Silverstein is getting 1.5 billion to build two of the towers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies