Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the tax rate increase on people earning $1 million+ per year?
Yes 98 61.25%
No 62 38.75%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
This Clown Marxist has no intention of slowing down on his re-distribution of wealth plan! (Unless you're one of his supporters)
Which is why the economy is going no where fast. In the past when we had economic issues, we encouraged these people to spend their money, and thus it got taxed. Now we tell them we will punish them for spending and then act surprised they decide to hold onto their money in record levels prolonging the recession.

Stupid, stupid Democrats..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Every little bit helps. Since I doubt you are filthy rich, why do you care? Why should we keep catering to the greedy ultra-wealthy in this country who hoard even more money through ridiculous tax loops?
Jees, using that argument, if you arent black, why do you care if they are used as slaves? If you arent Jewish, why do you care if Hitler was killing them all? If you arent female, why do you care if they are treated as second class citizens. If you arent a child, why do you care what pedophiles do? If you dont buy toys, why do you care if they use lead based paint to make them?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Jobs discussion is now between the Prez and the American people, Congress has "unworked" itself to irrelevance.
Except for the fact no bill can get passed without Congress writing it

Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So tax rates don't matter? Is this the new Tea Party/GOP mantra? If a billionaire pays $17,000 in taxes do you want a minimum wage earner to pay $17,000 in taxes?
Stupid remark! All those "rich" people BO wants to tax are mostly the ones who either provide jobs through the business they own or invest and their invested $'s provide the $'s to create and/or support business that provides jobs.

BO is so far out of line it is pathetic. When I see statements like the above, I am appalled that so many people also have no idea of where their jobs come from. They would kill the goose that lays the golden (i.e., $'s) egg (i.e., the $'s that create the business which gives them their jobs).

Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Sure Warren Buffet can say "tax them" because he only takes a salary of $100K per year.
His wealth is NOT in his salary earnings of $100K so he won't get taxed.

Many of these million dollar income earners will wake up and do the same thing.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Many of you posters are confusing wealth with income. They are two separate entities.
You don't tax on wealth, you tax on income (with regards to "income tax").

Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Indeed , I would feel good if Obama taxed Warrens capital gains 50% after the first 100 grand .
You may feel good, but even Obama isn't dumb enough to do that. He understands that action would further crater the economy.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:46 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Stupid remark! All those "rich" people BO wants to tax are mostly the ones who either provide jobs through the business they own or invest and their invested $'s provide the $'s to create and/or support business that provides jobs.

BO is so far out of line it is pathetic. When I see statements like the above, I am appalled that so many people also have no idea of where their jobs come from. They would kill the goose that lays the golden (i.e., $'s) egg (i.e., the $'s that create the business which gives them their jobs).
Howabout, everyone pay the same rate? Yes, even the 51% who don't pay at all. Same flat 10% rate, everyone.

Tax the rich, and tax the poor, everybody, the same %. Then, no one can complain.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Jobs discussion is now between the Prez and the American people, Congress has "unworked" itself to irrelevance.
Lol, Obama has doubled down on a failed policy. His much awaited jobs speech was met by a collective yawn by the American people. It is Obama who is irrelevant these days.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for the fact no bill can get passed without Congress writing it
Most people understand the statement. But .... I don't feel the need to explain it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies