Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's good to tell children Bullying is bad but it's a personality trait, children who bully continue it as an Adult, Where I live violence is taken seriously to the point of stupidity, children can't even point at each other without having to talk to counclers and a police officer.
Bullying wont stop as we grow older and it's better to be prepared to deal with it.
I was picked on many times.
This is exactly right if a child can get away with having a school yard gang that beats up people its not that much of a stretch that that behavior will continue to adulthood. It is also not that far of a stretch to see the bully who used to beat up the nerdy kids growing up, getting drunk, and deciding his girlfriend needs the same treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
This is exactly right if a child can get away with having a school yard gang that beats up people its not that much of a stretch that that behavior will continue to adulthood. It is also not that far of a stretch to see the bully who used to beat up the nerdy kids growing up, getting drunk, and deciding his girlfriend needs the same treatment.
Yeah and there are laws against it but it doesn't stop it, Even if it could be stopped while kids were at school after school it would still continue. We can have all the laws we want but there will still be murders, assults, robberies and yes there will still be bullies and as the population grows there will be more of them.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
It's good to tell children Bullying is bad but it's a personality trait, children who bully continue it as an Adult, Where I live violence is taken seriously to the point of stupidity, children can't even point at each other without having to talk to counclers and a police officer.
Bullying wont stop as we grow older and it's better to be prepared to deal with it.
I was picked on many times.
But don't take this thinking to absurd levels. If, as an adult, I met these same girls, you can bet I'd be doing one of two things: 1) calling the police, if I had time, 2) pulling out my pistol and taking aim, if I didn't have time to wait for police. Is that your idea of "just being prepared to deal with it"?? Clearly a child is not capable of dealing with criminal bullying in the same way that I will as an adult. One child cannot take on two, three, or a gang of bullies either, or bullies with a weapon, and that is what modern day bullying often involves. Be clear - this is not about one child picking on one child anymore, calling names and giving a little push here and there. It's about groups of kids singling out a victim and making his life a living hell. You can continue to live in the past if it makes you feel safe, but I plan to truly "be prepared."

Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Yeah and there are laws against it but it doesn't stop it, Even if it could be stopped while kids were at school after school it would still continue. We can have all the laws we want but there will still be murders, assults, robberies and yes there will still be bullies and as the population grows there will be more of them.
I agree, but just because it cannot be stopped, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws against it. Murder will never stop, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't haul murderers off to prison for life. The younger we teach people that their actions have consequences the younger we will deter the ones we can.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Bullies have mental problems. The anti-bullying education and intervention taking place in the schools may help them get bullies on the right path. I don't often tip my hat to the public school system, but this is one thing they're getting right.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Bullying: Who Cares???
I can't say I do.

[but if I did, I'd suggest a sock with a rock inside...]

Old 09-19-2011, 07:27 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
I think bullying is a big problem. Children go to scool to learn not get bullied. the bullying can cause long term emotional damage.

I don't think schoold go far enough in solving this prolem. One solution would be bullying schools. Eliminate bullies from mainstream schools and group them all together. Let them all pick on each other. If anything it would be an interesting social experiment as there would be no natural victim.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

I'm not even that old (29), and even when I was a kid, we were still told that the way to deal with a bully was with a swift Tyson haymaker to the side of the dome.
This is also known as assault, and results in being arrested.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Now we got long term damage, assault, hey pile on jail time for calling somebody a ginger at gym class. Do you not see the insanity this is being taken to? Adults seem to get this feel good attitude hey look at me helping out the children. All for the children. bla bla bla. Kids aren't stupid. They know exactly what's going on this anti bullying campaign is plain stupid. They go to the assemblies and say the right things to the teachers and admins to conform but it's the world of kid-dom in the end. They will have to learn to work it out themselves.

All this aniti bullying quest is more of the liberal utopia of everyone being equal and nice to each other and sing koom ba ya and we can all sip apple cider and eat smores by the fire. It ain't reality like the rest of the liberal mindset.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Please show me where I said that Typical of you.
Do I know you?

Break the bully habit when it starts, it's the only way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies