Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
unbelievable.....
Actually I find it totally believable. The corruption of this administration is naked and flaunted.

Insider trading is a criminal offense for anyone EXCEPT members of Congress. Seriously, we need a tea party Congress person to introduce legislation which does not allow Congress to exempt themselves from laws they pass for the public. Let them show that the GOP is willing to actually walk the walk before 2012 instead of merely talking the talk. I suspect Rand Paul or Marco Rubio would be up to the task in the Senate and possibly Dr. Paul in the US House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually I find it totally believable. The corruption of this administration is naked and flaunted.

Insider trading is a criminal offense for anyone EXCEPT members of Congress. Seriously, we need a tea party Congress person to introduce legislation which does not allow Congress to exempt themselves from laws they pass for the public. Let them show that the GOP is willing to actually walk the walk before 2012 instead of merely talking the talk. I suspect Rand Paul or Marco Rubio would be up to the task in the Senate and possibly Dr. Paul in the US House.
Very true. Those 3 would most likely be good candidates for bringing this up. I hope they do.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
I wonder if there are any endangered species in the Great Pelosi Swamp?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
The article is incorrectly titled

"Obama Gives $737 Million to Solar Firm Linked to the Pelosi Clan"

Let's break this down, shall we?

Obama
No it was not Obama, it was the DoE.

Gives
The DoE didn't *give* anyone anything; the $737 Mil is in the form of a loan guarantee.

linked
Pelosi's BIL is at Pacific Corporate Group, an investment advisory LLC.
Pacific Corporate Group, A Leader in the Private Equity Industry since 1979, La Jolla, California
It should come as a surprise to absolutely no one that an investment firm would have their fingers in a large high tech solar energy enterprise.

So the "story" is that an investment guru in California who is related to Nancy Pelosi in is involved with a solar energy company also located in California. This company applied for and got a loan from DoE, one of many loans. According to their website they've loaned $36 Bil. Care to dissect the rest of the loans?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

Obama

Gives
The DoE didn't *give* anyone anything; the $737 Mil is in the form of a loan guarantee.

linked
Pacific Corporate Group, A Leader in the Private Equity Industry since 1979, La Jolla, California
It should come as a surprise to absolutely no one that an investment firm would have their fingers in a large high tech solar energy enterprise.

So the "story" is that an investment guru in California who is related to Nancy Pelosi in is involved with a solar energy company also located in California. This company applied for and got a loan from DoE, one of many loans. According to their website they've loaned $36 Bil. Care to dissect the rest of the loans?
LOL! Like Solyndra?

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

Obama

Gives

linked

Why you are trying to defend this is beyond anyone here.

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, does one bad deed by another mean that all is fair then? I can't speak for the right, as I do not represent the entire "right". I do think that Halliburton and other companies have unjustly benefitted from sole source contracts. They should have been put out as an RFP, as this was neither unique or innately inherent work to this particular company. I believe they pushed those contracts through as sole source due to the emergent requirement but that did not mean those contracts should have earned follow on sole source awards. So, there's the opinion of at least one person from the right.
And the stimulus money, at least in my state, was only allowed to be bid on by union contractors. The first thing the new governor did when he took office was to issue an exec order ending that BS.

As for Halliburtion that is all some can cry when "their" guys are caught dipping in the kitty. Simple fact is Halliburton was around doing the same thing from Korea to Vietnam to today long before Cheney got there and will be after he dies, if he ever does. He may be a cyborg.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Thanks for missing the point.

You do not see a problem with 0bama's out of control crony capitalism, or the fact that Pelosi's wealth happened to increase by 62%, at the same time 0bama has spent us $4.5 trillion dollars into debt? Someone is collecting all that money, and it's not you and me. Problem is, if the crony capitalists are democrats, the lib'tards are fine with it.

The larger point is time after time we see cronyism which allows politicians who are elected to the congress or the senate, come into Washington, living under modest means, and when they leave office, they and their family members and friends, are millionaires.

No, he doesn't. You see, end justifies the means. It is his "criminals" and so it is ok. As long as they serve the means of establishing their rule according to his ideology, they could run out into the streets and shoot the silly "right wing wackos" in the head and it would be acceptable. As long as his utopian world comes to plan, ANYTHING is justified.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Newt just came out with that as his first priority in his new contract with America.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 AM

I think you can put Pelosi and his brother in law aside and ask yourself what the hell are they still dumping our money into these solar panel dumps? Evergreen solar laid of 800 workers in May due to low demand. European countries aren't putting up the governemnt subsidies anymore and the things are too damn expensive. Solyndra just goes in the tank for 500 million and now 700 to yet another one? It makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies