Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Casper I agree with you that the devil is int hte details. But I dont think you like the details. In fact I think you are ignoring the details because they really stink for you progressives that love Obama.

Fact 1: Obama passed the largest healthcare "reform" bill in the history of this country.

Fact 2: Obama said the following:
"We will work with your employer to lower your
premiums by $2500 per family per year"

Bottom line Casper, Obama owns this issue. Obama made a promise and proved he didn’t have a clue.
I am not a progressive, even if YOU say so.
Healthcare will eventually lower the cost of healthcare for Millions, I assume you are against that. Obama did try working with the Insurance industry, not employers, they cannot lower insurance rates, they were not interested in talking until after it was shown that reform would pass. Don't like the rates, talk to your frindly insurance company, after all they are simply trying to make a profit, and the right sees no limit to that, enjoy. Will the Repubs regulate the insurance industry or get your rates lowered? Don't bother, we all know that they will NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
It was Bill Clinton, or his campaign that coined the term "it is the economy stupid" and now a supporter of the democrat party is suggesting that the president has no control over the economy.

my how times change.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, he was wrong, what would the Repubs done that was different?, The answer is nothing. Clue, the President and the government are not in the business of creating JOBs, too bad you don't know that.
What woudl have they doen differentky?
1) they would not have passed a bill claiming they needed to pass it so we could find out what was in it.

2) They would not have appointed an EPA which is causing the closing of eclectic plants based on a regulation that is pretty much a law

3) They would not have put a moratorium on drilling in the gulf killing off jobs in LA

4) They would not have sent money to solar companied that they knew were going to fail

5) They would not have sold guns to a Mexican drug cartel

6) They would not have tried to show up the Sc justices at the state of the union

Old 10-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Great googly moogly. "he was wrong" but you want to excuse the guy? keep him in office?

your answers boggle the mind my friend.
While you IGNORE the FACT that the Repubs have NO answers to any of the above issues and ignore the fact that he had little to do with any of what caused the problems in the first place. Find a candidate that has some answers and I will listen, otherwise, Yeah, great googly moogly.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:12 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
While you IGNORE the FACT that the Repubs have NO answers to any of the above issues and ignore the fact that he had little to do with any of what caused the problems in the first place. Find a candidate that has some answers and I will listen, otherwise, Yeah, great googly moogly.

"ignore the fact"

In FACT Casper, I believe that the republicans have outlined in pretty clear detail what they would do to move the economy forward. Mitt Romney has a very detailed plan and House Republicans have also put forward a number of plans.

All of these plans are things I do believe will work.

Seriously We have a democrat who made us promises and said the things he did would work and he failed. Its time to push him aside and get someone in with different ideas.

Oh and no. I do not think you will listen if the candidate has a "R" by his name.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
the republican house did pass many of the answers the republican have.
You can disagree with those answers but you cant say there were no answers.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What woudl have they doen differentky?
1) they would not have passed a bill claiming they needed to pass it so we could find out what was in it.

2) They would not have appointed an EPA which is causing the closing of eclectic plants based on a regulation that is pretty much a law

3) They would not have put a moratorium on drilling in the gulf killing off jobs in LA

4) They would not have sent money to solar companied that they knew were going to fail

5) They would not have sold guns to a Mexican drug cartel

6) They would not have tried to show up the Sc justices at the state of the union
Ahhh, now we have gone totally OFF Topic, cannot win with the originals so lets go down every other complaint instead? Jeeeez
1) There would have been ways to stop passage of the bills, or didn't you know that. It starts with Filli..... I would never sign a bill I had not read, does that mean they caved?
2)You mean the EPA is doing their JOB? If the EPA is going too far the Repubs have enough power to do something about it, what are they doing?
3)There was no moratorium on drilling, there were tougher regulations on deep wells in the Gulf and for good reason did you forget what happened there and still is being felt? The deep wells are a rare beast and the thousands of in-shore rig were not really affected.
4)You are claim they KNEW it was going to fail, got proof? Otherwise....
5)Really, I somehow doubt the ATF is doing business any different than they did under other Presidents, I agree it was a stupid idea, they are not a brigh bunch IMO. FYI, I recall when Libs first said the cartels were getting their guns from the US, the right screamed that it was a lie, now we know they do get their weapons from here, some from illegal sales and some in other ways such as the idiots at the ATF. Now the right is singing another tune, oh just to add I doubt the President was involved in the planning an operations run by the ATF, but yes he will get more flack over it, unlike Bush, the buck does stop with Obama on this issue.
6)Maybe if the SC judges in question could have bothered to show up and leave their politics in their personal life they would not have been called out, reap what you sow, not much sympathy there from me, they are supposed to be above childish behavior.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the republican house did pass many of the answers the republican have.
You can disagree with those answers but you cant say there were no answers.
Correct, their answers were Partisan and not the answer so yes I do disagree. I said new answers that will work, theirs were the same old same and would have little impact for the good.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
"ignore the fact"

In FACT Casper, I believe that the republicans have outlined in pretty clear detail what they would do to move the economy forward. Mitt Romney has a very detailed plan and House Republicans have also put forward a number of plans.

All of these plans are things I do believe will work.

Seriously We have a democrat who made us promises and said the things he did would work and he failed. Its time to push him aside and get someone in with different ideas.

Oh and no. I do not think you will listen if the candidate has a "R" by his name.
Actually their plans were pretty much the same old tax breaks and uts for business and the rich and uts in education and social programs, hile of-course still sending Billions around the world and funding for their own pet project, That is not the answer.
If you do not think I will listen to a repub you have not read many of my posts. FYI I voted Bush in his re-election bid, so much for your thought eh. I wil not vote for another neo-con, Romney or Perry, Bachman is a loon and not fit to hold the highest office in the land and most powerful in the world, Paul I like and dislike, I wish he were not such an isolationist, I know that to be a path to doom. Who else ya got that could get elected?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, now we have gone totally OFF Topic, cannot win with the originals so lets go down every other complaint instead? Jeeeez
1) There would have been ways to stop passage of the bills, or didn't you know that. It starts with Filli..... I would never sign a bill I had not read, does that mean they caved?
2)You mean the EPA is doing their JOB? If the EPA is going too far the Repubs have enough power to do something about it, what are they doing?
3)There was no moratorium on drilling, there were tougher regulations on deep wells in the Gulf and for good reason did you forget what happened there and still is being felt? The deep wells are a rare beast and the thousands of in-shore rig were not really affected.
4)You are claim they KNEW it was going to fail, got proof? Otherwise....
5)Really, I somehow doubt the ATF is doing business any different than they did under other Presidents, I agree it was a stupid idea, they are not a brigh bunch IMO. FYI, I recall when Libs first said the cartels were getting their guns from the US, the right screamed that it was a lie, now we know they do get their weapons from here, some from illegal sales and some in other ways such as the idiots at the ATF. Now the right is singing another tune, oh just to add I doubt the President was involved in the planning an operations run by the ATF, but yes he will get more flack over it, unlike Bush, the buck does stop with Obama on this issue.
6)Maybe if the SC judges in question could have bothered to show up and leave their politics in their personal life they would not have been called out, reap what you sow, not much sympathy there from me, they are supposed to be above childish behavior.
1) the Dem's used the conference report to pass it . Had they amended and returned it it would have been stopped please remember Scott brown

2)No they are ruling by edict rather than congressional law.

3)Then how did the Obama administration get found of contempt on the moratorium

The Obama Administration acted in contempt by continuing its deep water-drilling moratorium after the policy was struck down, a New Orleans judge ruled.
U.S. in Contempt Over Gulf Drill Ban, Judge Rules - Bloomberg
You once again are just wrong on the facts. There was a moratorium it took taking The Us governemnt to court to end it . So please do not say there was moratorium

4)Proof they knew it was going to fail
If You Needed Proof The Solyndra Scandal Has Legs.. | Wizbang

5)So when did the ATF sell guns to a Mexican drug cartel before Obama. So things were different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies