Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times

Advertisements

Just another prime example of how PC garbage has so screwed up this country.

Now we have nitwits calling for racial diversity in protests, lol. What a pathetic joke.

Hey, if you're not white and you want to protest....get off your butt and go do it. No one's is stopping you.

And while were at it, let's get a motion going to force The Congressional Black Caucus to accept white folks, into their little groovey club

Every year the people of this country get dopier and dopier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Yet left wing loons have gtried to hit her in the face with pies....unplugged the PA system when she was speaking....and this is all you have to say?

Let me kindly suggest to you that by closing yourself off to opposing points of view makes you ignorant. You don't have to agree with her, but she is speaking for a large segment of the population. If you want to make believe that she doesn't exist, then go ahead....but in order for you to catch which way the wind is blowing in your own country, you really should at least listen to all points of view.
There are better conservatives to read to than that woman. I can respect George Will and some others. I have no respect for Ann Coulter, and have almost no respect for anyone who would take her seriously. She's a hatemonger and nothing more. And if she's indicative of the way the wind is blowing (which I don't believe) then I'm truly afraid for this country.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Im beginning to wonder if the White House is behind this whole movement. It reeks of something a "community organizer" would come up with. I mean all of Obama's favorite groups are involved, and like Jethro Gibbs I don't believe in coincidences.

This whole thing is about class warfare. They are using the Wall Street fat cats and the salaries (many of their 'holiday bonuses' alone are more than most normal people would make in a whole lifetime) as a scapegoat to rile up the useful idiots. They picked a good, easy target to go after. This isent going to end well at all folks.
Of course the White House is behind it. So are the majority of democrats in congress.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
There are all kinds of things I could say about Ann Coulter, but because I'm a Christian, I'll hold my tongue. I will say though that she's a hate peddler and that anyone with an ounce of decency will not waste another second reading or listening to her and self righteous diatribes.
I agree ... well put!

There are all kinds of I too can say about Ann Coulter, but because I'm a Buddhist, I'll hold my tongue.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Coulter was strangely silent about the teabagger mobs...

Maybe she's coming out of Palin and Bachman's shadow

She's a Tea Bagster, man.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
Doesn't she mean Tea Partiers had jobs? I thought a large percentage of tea partiers were retired people?

I don't particularly care for this lady, either, and I'm not religious at all. Woah.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I love how when huge, grassroots protests happen by those standing for liberty, the radical right think they are organized and paid for like the tea party where everything is tied to the Koch's, bussed people in from out of state and completely corporation run.
Grass roots? The planning for this has been in the making for almost a year. This is organized by all the major progressive liberal groups like MoveOn.org, Acorn, Code Pink and many more ... and yes ... Soros is also behind it.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Right now the focus is on the top 1%. Next month it could be the top 2%. The following, the top 5%. Who knows, maybe after that it will be the _______ (fill in the blank). We should be frightened, but not unbowed. This is all arbitrary.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Maybe blacks and Hispanics are as much into stocks and shares as they are into ice hockey

Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
There was an Occupy Philadelphia demonstration today in front of City Hall in Dilworth Plaza.

The weather was nice and about 1,000 people showed up so far.

Interestingly, the Tea Party event that took place over a year ago only drew about 200.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies