Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:15 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
OWS people were chanting for the same thing Tea baggers were
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I never could figure out what the hell the Tbers wanted either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
most people that I know that have cancer or beaten cancer have all learned to eat better and exercise.
Hey, genius...the guy is POOR, duh! How is he supposed to EAT BETTER?

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
As I look at the yahoo photos of the protesters I realize that I am sympathetic to them just like I am to tea party protesters but I can't endorse either one totally because both sets of protesters choose one side and vilify the other.

The tea party places sole blame on government and refuses to acknowledge that capitalism isn't perfect and corporation greed along with politicians are part of the problem.

The wallstreet protesters are placing sole blame on business and banks, and leaving out protest of government specially the democratic party because they won't admit that their party is part of the problem also.

Maybe the day will come when both realize that their sides have positive attributes but also corruption also. In the meantime nothing will really change until then

Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Well he did have a super majority until last year. If he had wanted to close Gitmo he could have. He could have pushed through his entire agenda but instead he threw all of his political capital into Obamacare which is probably going to be ruled unconstitutional soon.

It says a lot that libs attack Coulter based on her looks with references to transgenderness. You would never tolerate conservative saying things like that. The fact that you guys never attack her message and only go after the woman shows how bankrupt your arguments are and how hypocritical you are.
Actually that is untrue. I, for one, have attacked plenty of her messages. Ever read her "stuff" she sounds ok in the begining of her "article" then she flys off the handed and changes the subject of her own article and at some point it just turns into the ramblings of a hater. One can pick and chose through her stuff and she sounds sane or humorous but if you read her stuff fromstart to finish you come away with an OMG feeling. Some here think she has a message, so do I, the difference is what we think that message is, my opinion is her message is one of hate and that is not what we need more of here in the USA.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
The whole thing looks like a 1960s war protest except that in the 1960s the protesters were unified in their goals.

As long as these protests are taking part in cities, the DOJ should give quit selling guns to the Mexican drug cartel and start selling these folks some guns. Some pitchforks and torches would also be nice.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
This is a complete myth! Junk food is much more expensive than good food. It's not cheaper than filet minot, arugala and anything you can buy at whole foods or trader joes... but good food, healthy food, is much MUCH cheaper than junk food!

when I feed my family of 4 to mcdonalds, we usualy get the dollar specials. Even doing that and not getting sodas we spend about $15 - $20 on food (tiny hamburgers do not a meal make). But when I make dinners at home, I can make a well rounded, healthy meal for a family of 6 for under $10.

Stop shopping at the expensive places and start shopping smart. I'm not even using coupons! LOL!
That's nice if you have a fridge and a stove that works.

And can pay the utility bills...

Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Then why are they protesting in NYC instead of DC?

the protesters wouldn't be able to tell you either.

they had some news covering the OWS on Wall Street and they were chanting "smaller government" "no debt" "fiscal responsibility"

if I remember correctly, thats what they chant at tea bag party rallies

Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Then why are they protesting in NYC instead of DC?
They did protest in DC, as well as dozens of other cities nationwide.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
The whole thing looks like a 1960s war protest except that in the 1960s the protesters were unified in their goals.

As long as these protests are taking part in cities, the DOJ should give quit selling guns to the Mexican drug cartel and start selling these folks some guns. Some pitchforks and torches would also be nice.

1960s war protest?

hell, it looks like the Russian Revolution of 1917 where the have nots were taking it out on the haves, wanting an end to the current political and financial system in favor of a more equal system.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Well he did have a super majority until last year. If he had wanted to close Gitmo he could have. He could have pushed through his entire agenda but instead he threw all of his political capital into Obamacare which is probably going to be ruled unconstitutional soon.

It says a lot that libs attack Coulter based on her looks with references to transgenderness. You would never tolerate conservative saying things like that. The fact that you guys never attack her message and only go after the woman shows how bankrupt your arguments are and how hypocritical you are.
Uhhh yeah Roger...I'm the farthest left lib on here...care to buy a clue from Vanna?

Only the farthest right,mouth breathing goonbobs EVER cared what Coulter,Limbaugh,Hannity,Beck et al had to say about anything....those dumb asses are the ones who made her rich and "relevent"...the rest of humanity knows them for what they are and think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies