Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not yet. The reason is this is not a single group with a single goal, I have heard different people from the protest interviewed and some I agree with and some I do not. Thing is, they are making the silent, and mostlty oblivious, Majority aware that there are issues and in my book that is a Good Thing.
You are one of the few who actually get the point of it. A multitude of people with a multitude of desires that they feel they are economically inhibited from pursuing. They know that their parents were not so constrained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd bet my next paycheck that 99% (not coincidentally) of the "I Am 99%" people voted for Barack Obama. While there's no way to statistically analyze my assertion, I think it's a safe bet. Liberals have always been whiners. This is just a massive display of what's behind the Liberal Vote concentrated in one area. Hell, they even LOOK like liberals. LOL I, for one, am not shocked at all.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I support their right to prtest byt not to volate the laws like blocking people use of bridges. I saw nothig wronf for example with the Tea party protest that were peaceful. its when they start to have to reort to umlawful means they lose my support in protest as afr as right. the cause;I reallt can;t tell otehr tha they are disatifyied with their life position what they want and i thniits varies form waht i heard. The blame one groupd is stuipd IMO.
Were you referring to the Tea party of the 18th century or the 21st?

The "18th" had some "unlawful stuff going on, too, even violent.... and guess what? It started a COUNTRY!

It is not about people disatified with their "life position"... it's AMERICANS disatisfied with how bad America's economy is and want change.

Will you find particpants with all different views, education, ideals???

YES!
Because they are AMERICANS!

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 10-06-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
If he's missing teeth, then that's why he doesn't have a job that helps him more than "get by." In a professional environment, having all your teeth is mandatory.

That's the cold, hard truth.
I know poor decision on his part. He chose not to keep his teeth.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Absolutely, and I hope it becomes bigger.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This guy has a degree in Physics, which is marketable, and he's barely getting by.
Prime example of how dubious the MENSA designation is!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No. There is only one way "Wall St" companies get our money. We give it to them. Yes that includes the politicians you send to DC every couple years, they are your proxy don't forget.
And how valid is your vote when ALL of the candidates serve the interests of the corporate elite?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,054,779 times
We know too little about these people to really judge them. All we know is what they wrote on the sheets of paper. But, really, I've been shaking my head for the past 20 minutes while reading some of these. I have the general feeling now that 99% of these 99% need life coaches and their mommy's.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
If he's missing teeth, then that's why he doesn't have a job that helps him more than "get by." In a professional environment, having all your teeth is mandatory.

That's the cold, hard truth.
lol

Even if that's the case, what do you say about the unemployed engineers out there. There are tons of unemployed engineers. Civil engineers are not doing good now. Since the housing boom ended, construction took a hit. Hence, why the civil engineer field is meager.

In the private sector, tons of software engineers are getting laid off.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I know poor decision on his part. He chose not to keep his teeth.
LOL....it comes down to priorities. Were teeth more important than that $80,000 degree (or other debts)? Sometimes you stop what you're doing to take care of yourself, which he clearly did not do. So yes, I have to agree, he chose not to keep his teeth. That's his fault, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies