Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Ann Coulter is the sexiest woman on the planet.

Oh, the things I would like to do to her when she's wearing that flimsy little black dress and talking tough.
She might be the only woman I'd even think about leaving my wife for.
You are sick, get help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Hermine Cain has the credentials to say this. He started out poor and more disadvantaged than most of these protesters.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
I've read his autobiography and TOOS. Survival of the fittest was a nonscientific metaphor he adopted from Spencer to describe inter-species competition within an environment. When was the last time you picked up his writings?

[SIZE=2]"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment." -Charles Darwin.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Perhaps he wasn't the originator of the phrase, but he did quote it.

[/SIZE]

Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM

143 posts, read 122,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The wall streeters are protesting at the wrong address. They should be in front of congress and the White House. They're the ones handing the banks all these piles of money. It will be interesting to see what happens with BOA. It appears they have been singled out as the "fall guy" in all these fee raising stories I'm reading. Under the bus they go to show us all how Obama deals with evil bankers I'm sure coming soon. After 18 holes of course!

I agree on this one, but I would submit that they are missing the mark by going to the White House/Capitol. They need to go protest on K Street. That's where the bagmen for these bought and paid for politicians hand out the loot to sell out the American people. Government has no business dealing with lobbyist. It just corrupts them from their primary responsibility to the American people.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,290,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She's using the same twisted logic the left used to try to demonize the tea party. Pick the most extreme and ignorant and hold them up as representative of all.

The usual partisan stupidity.
Excellent observation!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
It is a movement. Just like all movements, the more successful it becomes, the more groups will co opt it. Just like all the groups that surrounded the Tea Party. Businesses sending bus loads of employees, etc. Political organizers using the Tea Party to fund raise. Where was that Tea Party meeting that had to be canceled due to profiteering? Now, there are several different Tea Party groups.
Just because someone agrees with the message and comes on board, does not mean the movement agrees with the ones who latched on.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Private industry has no allegiance to country, only to profit.

But yet, the teabaggers do not want them to be regulated

Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I support their right to prtest byt not to volate the laws like blocking people use of bridges. I saw nothig wronf for example with the Tea party protest that were peaceful. its when they start to have to reort to umlawful means they lose my support in protest as afr as right. the cause;I reallt can;t tell otehr tha they are disatifyied with their life position what they want and i thniits varies form waht i heard. The blame one groupd is stuipd IMO.

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I'm sorry, but the "top 1%" did NOTHING to anyone to make them "indentured serfs". Those of us with debt (and I include myself in this) did it to ourselves! No one put a gun to our heads to take on debt that we couldn't pay back. Myself, I am working on getting that debt paid off. About every 4-6 months I pay one of my credit cards off. these are cards that weren't more than $750 to begin with that when I got a pay cut I couldn't afford to pay the minimums anymore. Now the cards are over 2k. Now that I have my own business that is growing, slowly, I am working on paying off all my debt. But it's not going to happen over night, it'll will take me years to pay off my credit cards, medical bills, and student loans... but thats MY RESPONSIBILITY, no one elses!

It's not the top 1% who are creating "endentured serfs" or the class warfare. YOU and the other whiney brats on that website are doing it to yourselves and trying to make the rest of us do it too. Sorry, but I take full responsibility for my own decisions and debts. I'm pulling myself out of those problems, and really anyone who wanted to could as well!

If YOU are the 99%, then so am I, and I denounce and condemn your actions!
I swear i'd buy you a beer if I could! This is perfection!

Keep up the hard work. It will pay off, i'm confident!

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Hermine Cain has the credentials to say this. He started out poor and more disadvantaged than most of these protesters.
And at the same time forgot where he came from
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies