Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

The wall streeters are protesting at the wrong address. They should be in front of congress and the White House. They're the ones handing the banks all these piles of money. It will be interesting to see what happens with BOA. It appears they have been singled out as the "fall guy" in all these fee raising stories I'm reading. Under the bus they go to show us all how Obama deals with evil bankers I'm sure coming soon. After 18 holes of course!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Coulter? Oh please, this is why some on the right are so utterly confused when it comes to reality. Stop listening to the snake oil salesmen and women, your mind will thank you later.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It's so horrible when our stupid decisions affect our lives...isn't it? I'm about to get out of Grad School with $25 k in loans....maybe I should take a picture and hope someone forgives my loans.
They are asking for abolishment of loan amounts so maybe you better team up with them. If they could get all the debt they want abolished there would be no debt left. Of course, there would be nobody left to loan but they are sure that taxing hell out of the rich can keep them going.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Because having $$ validates his opinion? If someone feels like they have been disenfranchised and not happy with a broad stroke 'how things are working', you invalidate them. You're not contributing to the problem at all

No. Because he is not talking about:

** how he ran up student loan debt for a degree that is not job marketable.
** how he bought a house that he couldn't afford taking out a loan he couldn't afford.
** how he had 4 kids before the age of 25

Instead he has shown:
** how instead of whining about not having a job, he actually has done well to get/keep a well paying job
** he has kept in good health

So I have to validate the whining of people who are disappointed that things aren't going in THEIR favor? Give me a break.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
The more this guy talks the more I like him!
He Tells It Like it is.

Cain Tells Occupy Wall Street Protesters to 'Blame Yourself' - ABC News

SO True!!!!!!
This guy is Obama's worst nightmare. If Cain wins the nomination, Obama will probably drop Biden For Hillary for VP...

Meanwhile, this "movement" is looking more and more like a left wing political movement (The Anti Tea Party).

Not only Are A Few Unions Joining this movement in full force.
So is MoveOn.org

MoveOn.org among those joining Occupy Wall St.

[/LEFT]

and George Soros.

George Soros Says He Sympathizes With Occupy Wall Street Protesters

Now there's a pair I can do without.

But I'd like to know what's the solution for someone who's unemployed and can't afford training?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
I am debt free and have socked away $125K into personal savings in the first 9 months of this year.

It's amazing what a good education, a good choice of major, an entreprenurial spirit, a solid work ethic, and an "its up to me to be successful" philosophy does for a person!

The granola crusties rebelling on Wall Street should take a page from my book.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Coulter? Oh please, this is why some on the right are so utterly confused when it comes to reality. Stop listening to the snake oil salesmen and women, your mind will thank you later.
Read the link and then come back and attack the message. You only attack the messenger and hold out your ignorance of the link so how do you expect anyone to think you are so right? It won't take a lot of your time but then . . . . . . .

Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I am debt free and have socked away $125K into personal savings in the first 9 months of this year.

It's amazing what a good education, a good choice of major, an entreprenurial spirit, a solid work ethic, and an "its up to me to be successful" philosophy does for a person!

OMG...you are the 1%!

thank you for showing that not all Americans are whiny

Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

^^ An example of part of the 99% that isn't lazy or deadbeats. Good job man!

This group should call themselves the "50% that pay no taxes and whine a lot"

Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
When I saw these 2 guys, I almost fell out of my seat laughing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies