Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No I said he would put those in charge who were experts. Nobody is an expert in everything. The head honcho doles out responsibilities to those who have more knowledge than they in their particular field. Or you fail. Right now we're at fail.

Does the CEO of a company run the marketing, IT, shipping, accounting departments? You think the head of the EPA Obama put there is an expert? Maybe in global warming lunacy but that's about it. You think Vilsak is some expert on the DOA? Because he was gove or Iowa? No he's an idiot monsanto shill. I could go on.
And the previous president stacked the deck with corporate shills. Andf those shills thought they were experts in their chosen fields.

But in your original post, you suggested that you hoped that Cain would appoint experts who didn't think they knew everything. That would make them something less than expert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
All the usual leftist suspects will be along shortly to join in.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
So this thread is a attempt to make those protesting wallstreet as being looney and stupid and greedy? Yes, you can find examples that will make the protesters look that way if your agenda is to bring down the protests. Some on the extreme left attempt the same thing with tea party protests, trying to paint them as racist for example.

But if you are going to side with your supposed team, in this case the conservative side, and try to say that all the super elite in control of banks and corporations are there and getting richer by honest hard work and that politicians tied to them are out for America's best interests then I think you are wrong. And those that are protesting wallstreet for that, I support. Doesn't mean I support a fringe communist party showing up at the rallies or someone who made a bad choice in college.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,154 times

now I am more inclined to listen to this guy.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The more I hear from Cain, the more of an idiot he comes off as being.

Blame the poor or those who lost jobs for their own misfortunes.

If you don't have a job and you're not rich, it's your fault.

Let them eat cake and all that.......

This country has gone straight to hell.
Doesn't the right always blame illegal immigrants for their problems. Don't they blame minorities for their lack of success. How many times have you heard some right winger claim that he didn't get a job or advanced because a minority got it instead.

More tea party hypocrisy

Don't they blame Obama for the lack of jobs

Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Your lack of compassion is somehow not surprising at all

thank you because it shouldn't be surprising.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
without knowing what kind of cancer I don't feel pity. sorry. for all we know he may have skin cancer from sitting on his ass too long.
Wow. I hope you're young.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made - Charlie Chaplin - YouTube

Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
What would you call the head of GE now obama's new buddy? The folks appointed at the treasury all from Goldman? Corporat non shills? Out for the good will of the commoners?

Cain has some support and getting some media attention which is what is needed to make a run. Palin out now so it's Romney against whoever. Romney has always been the chosen one by the entrenched ruling class so he will most likely be the nominee. Funny how things work out that way.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:28 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
I like Herman Cain, but he is too far off the mark on this one. People aren't against the rich, they are against the current way that income is being distributed. It has moreso to do with manipulation (or rigging) of the system than it does with actual 'hard work.'

Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post

now I am more inclined to listen to this guy.
Because having $$ validates his opinion? If someone feels like they have been disenfranchised and not happy with a broad stroke 'how things are working', you invalidate them. You're not contributing to the problem at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies