Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I see. You have interviewed all of these people and gotten statements from them that they do not want to work hard and they all smoke dope?

as they say....pictures speak a thousand words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
The righty whities are panicking! The black folks have arrived!

4,049 posts, read 5,033,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I like Cain and here's why. Few months ago he was doing an interview and they asked him what he would do about this and that. He said hey I'm not an expert on everything, nobody is. What the CEO, or president in this case, does is put people in charge who are experts. That is the problem with Obama and his minions. They think they know everything. Nobody is an expert on everything. Plus Cain has some good pizza.
So you are all for a president's "czars"?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:58 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Occupy wall st. Has been Hijacked
By radical leftist corporate groups and well funded corrupt unions.

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post

admitting to engaging in prostitution ain't gonna help you get a job either
So, you are thinking that she should just die, then?

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I'll decide when someone explains to me what exactly I would be supporting.

communism. taking away from those that have and give it to those that want it easy.

1,187 posts, read 995,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This is about as uneducated of a statement as I have ever seen.
Wall St. engineered an entire economy based on artificial derivatives and credit.
They bought off the government, and had people like Brooksley Born who did stand up and try to protect the public silenced.
They are guilty of the biggest conspiracy to defraud the American public that has ever been perpetrated.
The world economy was brought to its knees as a result of what these bastards have done. Millions of people have lost everything they worked a lifetime to build.
Stop feeling as if you are somehow superior to those who have not been as lucky as you to be in position to pay your bills and debts. You could easily be in their position. None of us are immune from devastation in this economy.
The guilty need to be punished, and the government needs to be put back under the control of the people.
And those with debt need to claim THEIR responsibility in TAKING the credit cards and the mortgages and the student loans. When you sign on the dotted line, you don't have to be blind to the fine print. YOu can read it and know what's coming. Then you can say, no thank you before signing the contract! Once you sign the contract for a loan or credit, then YOU are responsible for that debt, period!

Look, I've been in the depths of poverty and I'm still working my way out of debt. But I don't need to blame anyone other than myself for my bad choices... and it's only me that will get me out of it. Just like no one is going to get these people out of the mess they are in, they have to do it for themselves or they will wallow in self pity and poverty forever. Or did you not read my entire post about how I was in their exact situation?? I'm not "one of the lucky ones", I am pulling myself out of debt by my own bootstraps with all the same debts and bills, and everything these people have. So I'm not superior to them... but I guess I'm more determined to be responsible for my own life than they are!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Default "The Kids Are All White" - Occupy Wall Street protesters in need of some diversity

Young, white, liberal, and clueless. They must be racist Klan members.

Blog: 'Occupy Wall Street' a nearly all white endeavor
They call themselves the "99 percenters" - alluding to the supposed one percent of rich people who control the country.

But as Michelle Malkin points out to the Daily Caller, "When Occupy Wall Street activists call themselves the '99 percent,' it turns out they mean 99 percent non-diverse (by their own politically correct measurements)." Malkin notes that:

One thing you won't hear the MSM harp on the way they harped about the Tea Party: The overwhelmingly pale face of the "99 percent" movement. Just like their ideological elders in the liberal media, they are a lot more skilled at carping over lack of proportional representation among conservative institutions and the GOP than they are at demonstrating it in their own ranks.
Occupy Wall Street | Minorities | Michelle Malkin | The Daily Caller

Is black America sitting out 'Occupy Wall Street'?

Are the Wall Street protests racist and anti-semitic? - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Occupy Wall Streets organizers admit lack of diversity is a problem for them (http://weaselzippers.us/2011/10/05/“occupy-wall-street”-protesters-share-one-common-trait-almost-all-are-white-organizers-admit-lack-of-diversity-a-problem/ - broken link)

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The righty whities are panicking! The black folks have arrived!
Where did the unions bus them in from this time and did they get lunch before or after they held up their printed protest signs?

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post

not enough money to pay for rent, but have enough money to pig out? This guy looks like he weights 400lbs minimum.
Junk food is cheaper than good food.

Junk food makes a person fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies