Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

What exactly would all the 99%'ers do if they got their share the wealth dream? Oh I know start complaining about having to pay taxes on their new wealth. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 PM

45,426 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Haha wow that means an even SMALLER TINY percentage of elite control most of the wealth in this country. And that means the bottom 90% are a lot poorer than $20k. LMAO! Thanks good info!

You're intentionally, or maybe not, misinterpreting the figures.

Included in that top 10% will be many blue collar trades, especially if the spouse works.

May 2010 OES National Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM

564 posts, read 892,953 times
First of all, the 1%ers are trillionairs, the descendents and stockholders of The Federal Reserve, and the Banking Cartels...I have read some reports that the Rothchilds alone have over 20 Trillion. They are "untouchable" their names unpublished, with a swipe of a pen they could pay off the debt and stabilize the world. Wall streeters? $350k a year, well off yes, in the top 20% maybe. Not 1%. All that IRS statistics about the 1% owning 36% of all wealth? That is wealth not hidden, doesn't even take into consideration all the wealth and assets hidden around the world. 50% yes. Off all our backs.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
It'd actually be taxed down FAR more than $50k... that'd be in the top income tax bracket I think, so they'd be getting taxed closer to 35-40%. That's MAYBE $700k brought in after doing a million dollars' worth of work. How is that fair?
Once again, oh you poor babies, I feel so sorry for you

I'm so on your side, it's so unfair that you are only making $700,000 a year.

Expecting to be bailed out and get bonuses because momma and dadda helped you get your money while 99% of Americans actually WORK for their money and get laid off!

Again, I'm so sorry that you make only $700,000 a year while everyone makes only $50,000!

If only GOD could be on your side!

You have it so unfair you millionaires!

I know! Let's give you free healthcare and more BAILOUTS to make up for all the atrocities the middle class and poor have done to you millionaires!

Maybe then the millionaires can finally feel like they have received justice and are equal?

What do you say?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
It'd actually be taxed down FAR more than $50k... that'd be in the top income tax bracket I think, so they'd be getting taxed closer to 35-40%. That's MAYBE $700k brought in after doing a million dollars' worth of work. How is that fair?
And start being honest!

Clearly you conservatives and Tea Partiers are on the RICH side and not the poor and MIDDLE class side!

So at least start being honest and stop lying that you care for the poor and middle class!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What exactly would all the 99%'ers do if they got their share the wealth dream? Oh I know start complaining about having to pay taxes on their new wealth. lol
Kind of like what you're doing... complaining about paying taxes while expecting to receive social security and medicaid.... you know, help for things you can't afford????

Do you even know how countries function???

Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB
The top 10% pays 70% of the taxes. The bottom 90% need to pay their fair share IMO. Also we need to be strict about the social programs and how long they may be accessed.
Of course the top ten percent pays most of the taxes since they have most of the money. In 2007 the bottom 80% controlled only 7% of the wealth....Exactly what are the bottom 90% supposed to pay "their fair share" with, when the top 10% has more that 80% of the wealth?

Take note that these figures are from four years ago...I'm pretty certain that the gap has widened considerably since then.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html

Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Within a year it would be back in the hands of the "rich" people because idiots like SoCal can spew lots of nonsense but when it comes to their own lives they can't even figure out bow to get out of the rain.

I mean with the way they do math, it's amazing they're even able to feed themselves.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 AM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Between 1987 and 2008, the share of income controlled by the top 1% grew to 20% from 12%. That signals a total share growth of 67%. During the same period, their share of taxes went to 28% from 24%, suggesting share growth of 17%.

In other words, the top 1% share of income grew nearly five times faster than their share of taxes. When pundits and politicians talk about the rich paying “a big chunk,” they should be clear that it’s because the rich earn “an even bigger chunk.” Why the Rich Pay 40% of Taxes - The Wealth Report - WSJ

Old 10-11-2011, 04:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
what this country needs is more jobs and then neither side would have the time to be out there protesting. some of the protestors are sincere and want the guilty punished, and some are just idiots with too much free time on their hands.

there are too many idle people in this country now, and that is very bad for america's future.

we need an america that is up and running again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies