Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:23 PM

659 posts, read 1,373,926 times

Advertisements

It does look as though some people would not know they have been taken no matter what.
Saying Bush should be opposed does not hold water if you believe him and all his cronies. We (a very large proportion of those asked) in the Uk don't trust Tony Bliar, not suprising is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hmmm...I wonder how many Israel has broken...
Israel is an ally and not a threat to the U.S.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Rolling on floor laughing! Yeah, it is ok if our alleged allies do it, it is only wrong when the other guy does.

Oh this is fresh!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:48 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
the un acting against Israel, now there's something new...

BTW, I'm fairly certain she's on the side of those against Israel.. there's another term for it, but I'll settle for that one

Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Rolling on floor laughing! Yeah, it is ok if our alleged allies do it, it is only wrong when the other guy does.

Oh this is fresh!
So you think Israel should be invaded?
Now, that would get ME laughing!

And when did I say it was "ok?"

Old 08-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Please note Fleet, you used the 17 UN violations to show the validity of the invasion of Iraq, then you throw this line out that clearly shows exactly what I said in the original quote. That it is wrong for one nation (17 violations...bad guy) and it is excusable for an ally (60+ violations) please do not insult us.

Quote:
So you think Israel should be invaded?
Now, that would get ME laughing!

And when did I say it was "ok?"
Where did I say it was ok that Israel was invaded, please show me that. THAT sir is a straw man argument because I never even remotely suggested such a thing.

Again, you said it was ok when you asserted that since Israel is "an ally and not a threat" it was somehow excusable that they violated so many UN resolutions, this was thinly veiled to the point of seeing it from space.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Please note Fleet, you used the 17 UN violations to show the validity of the invasion of Iraq, then you throw this line out that clearly shows exactly what I said in the original quote. That it is wrong for one nation (17 violations...bad guy) and it is excusable for an ally (60+ violations)
Then do you think the U.S. should have taken action against Israel. And what about the U.N.? Aren't they supposed to enforce these resolutions?

Quote:
please do not insult us.
"Us?" You speak for other people than yourself?

Quote:
Where did I say it was ok that Israel was invaded, please show me that. THAT sir is a straw man argument because I never even remotely suggested such a thing.
Should the U.N. have enforced those resolutions?

Quote:
Again, you said it was ok when you asserted that since Israel is "an ally and not a threat" it was somehow excusable that they violated so many UN resolutions, this was thinly veiled to the point of seeing it from space
I didn't say it was an excuse, I'm saying it's a fact.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:38 PM

659 posts, read 1,373,926 times
Right and wrong do matter, once upon a time Iraq was a friend to the US, who is to say any other nation friendly now will always be.

Integrity of and recognition for the law is paramount.

The US and UK have demeaned themselves by their actions why should any other nation trust them again?

When a criminal is convicted and jailed he will get parole when he has seen the error of his ways, not before, this rule applies to our rehabilitation.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Then do you think the U.S. should have taken action against Israel. And what about the U.N.? Aren't they supposed to enforce these resolutions?
No, I don't think the U.S. should have taken action against Israel, just as I don't think the US should have invaded Iraq using resolution 1441 as it's legal basis either. However the U.S. vetoed every single one of those which it should not have done as that makes the UN's purpose worthless. Just because they are an alleged ally, does not excuse their actions.

Quote:
"Us?" You speak for other people than yourself?
Actually yes I do, as my neighbor is sitting here laughing at the quote where you posted that Israel was an ally as though it were some sort of justification. btw, he is a local minister who thanks you for the laugh.

Quote:
Should the U.N. have enforced those resolutions?
Yes, the U.N. should have enforced these resolutions. If we are going to enforce resolutions against one nation and not another, then again there is no purpose to the UN. You can't have it both ways. I have seen many who point out that failure to comply with UN res. 1441 was the legal justification for the invasion of Iraq then turn around in the following sentence and say the UN is irrelevant and has ill motives against the state of Israel. that is plain old fashioned bovine excrement.

Quote:
I didn't say it was an excuse, I'm saying it's a fact.
Then why did you state that, "fact" as a response to Israels broken resolutions? Are you then stating that it is a fact they broke those resolutions, if so, then what is the purpose of stating the obvious? Are you saying that it is excusable for Israel to break resolutions because they are an ally?

Old 08-25-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think the U.S. should have taken action against Israel, just as I don't think the US should have invaded Iraq using resolution 1441 as it's legal basis either. However the U.S. vetoed every single one of those which it should not have done as that makes the UN's purpose worthless.
You may not thinkg the U.S. should have invaded Iraq using that resolution, but it had the legal authority to do so.

Quote:
Just because they are an alleged ally, does not excuse their actions
Did I say it did?

Quote:
Actually yes I do, as my neighbor is sitting here laughing at the quote where you posted that Israel was an ally as though it were some sort of justification. btw, he is a local minister who thanks you for the laugh.
You can tell your friend to stop laughing, because I didn't say it was justified.

Quote:
Yes, the U.N. should have enforced these resolutions. If we are going to enforce resolutions against one nation and not another, then again there is no purpose to the UN. You can't have it both ways. I have seen many who point out that failure to comply with UN res. 1441 was the legal justification for the invasion of Iraq then turn around in the following sentence and say the UN is irrelevant and has ill motives against the state of Israel. that is plain old fashioned bovine excrement.
The UN is irrelevant because there is so much corruption.

Quote:
Then why did you state that, "fact" as a response to Israels broken resolutions? Are you then stating that it is a fact they broke those resolutions, if so, then what is the purpose of stating the obvious?
? It is a fact that Israel is an ally and not a threat to the U.S. Stop twisting words so much!

Quote:
Are you saying that it is excusable for Israel to break resolutions because they are an ally?
No. Where did you get that idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies