Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yesss, and I'm sure she chatted with you because YOU are so attractive....

Maybe. I was younger then. I think though that she just enjoyed having someone to talk with and help me practice my Japanese (of which I had taken 3 semesters at that point). Japanese were (and still are) amazed when a non-Japanese can say ANYTHING in their language. Believe me, just a few phrases was enough to get things started back in the late 80's early 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 02:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Says the person with "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" as their moniker.
It's a reference to a shampoo commercial in the 80s - H8 on, though. Way to "Overkill".

I'm not a flight attendant, nor am I a disgruntled, middle-aged guy bemoaning the lack of attractive flight attendants since the 70s, but I will take your weird and inappropriate interest in my post as flattery.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:31 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It's a reference to a shampoo commercial in the 80s - H8 on, though. Way to "Overkill".

I'm not a flight attendant, nor am I a disgruntled, middle-aged guy bemoaning the lack of attractive flight attendants since the 70s, but I will take your weird and inappropriate interest in my post as flattery.

thou dost protest too much

Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, but you gotta admit, the passengers were more attractive and well groomed.

The average American traveler is a dirtbag nowadays. I can still remember flying with my parents in the 70's and being dressed in my best. Nowadays, i see more sweatpants and flip flops than anything else.

Folks want the attendants to look like Penthouse models, while they look like outhouse models. Kinda stupid if you ask me.
You know why you see people in sweatpants and flipflops? I do. Thank the lovely TSA with their overly aggressive pat downs of people who do not care to go through their machine. I used to dress impeccably when traveling, but after having my hair searched as if I had lice, my breasts groped, my thighs gone over, etc. I now dress differently. The last time I flew the TSA woman felt me up more than my DH does. Seriously, it's gotten out of hand. (pun intended)

Old 10-17-2011, 02:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
thou dost protest too much
Methinks thou shouldn't play with fire, lest ye glabrous pate becometh singed.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Oh people did used to dress up to take an airplane, I had to buy a new outfit when my grandma took me to Los Angeles on my first flight!

And remember Continental Airlines tag line? "We really move our tails for you"! Haha. And the uniforms were purposely revealing because it was mostly men traveling on business and they were being catered to. I'm sure some miss that! I knew some women who wanted to became a stewardess just to met a guy to marry. Times have changed.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I went to a Hooters and was not that impressed. None of the waitresses had large breasts ( not even close ). Two would be defined as *cute* but not gorgeous or hot by any means. One looked "rough" with the too heavy makeup and just not very attractive.

Did I miss something? This is Hooters. Isn't that a nickname for breasts?
Did you not look at their uniforms? Hooters are owls...! You have a dirty mind..!!
..and not everyone is so shallow as to be impressed with large breasts..
I prefer petite, so I'm going to the one you found without the plastic..!!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Methinks thou shouldn't play with fire, lest ye glabrous pate becometh singed.
Can't blame me for loving the irony of your vanity nom de plum and the content of your post.

The contradiction between your stated moral values and your displayed moral shortcomings seems a bit hypocritical. It's made all the more striking because you misinterpreted that criticism for a flattering interest in you, which again, reeks of the narcisim you claim to object to.

But I'll let you have the last word. You strike me as the kind of person who LOVES to have the last word. MUST HAVE THE LAST WORD>>>MY VANITY DEMANDS IT LOL. So knock yourself out. You'll feel better after you do, I'm sure.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:46 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
I'm at an age where I remember how being a stewardess was a glamorous job for many girls, which was considered on par with being a model. Some girls would be recruited by "talent scouts" on campuses. Then the 80s happened and suddenly gay men sued because they weren't allowed to be glamorous stewardesses, some women sued for age discrimination, some sued because some boor up the chain of command suddenly decided they weren't pretty enough, and I specifically recall a weight-related lawsuit on the news because I remember thinking the lady wasn't fat at all. Turns out the airline said she was 10 pounds over their ideal (i.e. anorexic) weight and fired her.

Ah, the good old days.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...I'm a white knuckled flyer anyway.

They may be hotter than hell, but it doesn't mean much of the plane takes a nosedive. That's how i look at flying.

Didn't you once say that you were Airborne?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies