Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
What sets me off though, is when I'm standing off by myself, minding my own business, and some arse decides to walk up and lecture me.

"That's gonna kill you one day."

Which I respond to with.......

"I was going to say the same thing to you."
Heh, that's pretty good.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
An entry to my blog about anti-smoking legislation and it's aftermath.....

A Conversation About Anti-Smoking Legislation And It's Aftermath

Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM

488 posts, read 555,035 times
Quote:
Truth be told I'm a considerate smoker.

I don't smoke when walking on sidewalks.

I always walk off into "left-field" when having a smoke. I don't even stand next to other smokers.

I don't toss butts on the ground. I field-strip, and toss the butt safely in the trash.
More people should be that way! Unfortunately it seems consideration for others is a lost virture in many people.

Quote:
What sets me off though, is when I'm standing off by myself, minding my own business, and some arse decides to walk up and lecture me.

"That's gonna kill you one day."

Which I respond to with.......

"I was going to say the same thing to you."
Some people have too much time on their hands. Her telling you that is just as assinine as putting warnings and pictures of cancerous lungs on cigarette packs. Smokers may have picked up a bad habit, but it doesn't make them stupid and oblivious to reality.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
boy, that sums it up
you ***** because they smoke then you ***** because they get smoke breaks
most of this crap boils down to one thing
control of others!!
do you talk on your cell phone while you drive??
or in public??
then I have a problem because you are bugging the crap out of me and your phone should be snatched away
while driving and talking you should be pulled over and hopefully arrested
on the spot because you are placing my life in danger!!
why not just shoot cell phone users and be done with it??
all of this is so frigging stupid
" you looked at me""
" you mad me mad""
why do you people do something about your own lives rather than sick your long noses in other's??
Control is right, dominion over others, I'm sure more rules and regulations are coming.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think smoking is maligned unfairly. It's the current evil of society. I wish people wouldn't be so hypocritical about cigarette smoke & their own health.

I do not care............smoke your brains out.

Oh yeah, the little fact that filtharette smokers spew their filth and throw butts everywhere makes it a problem for everyone.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
That's when I blow a nice cloud in your face and say "Bothers ya, don't it?"

...and if you said another word, you'd be carrying my cigarettes home in your colon. Be careful whose feelings you hurt. It might not work out the way you planned.

Oh and by the way? Study the effects of increasing nicotine receptors in the brain. Yes, sad to say, smokers actually think quicker than you do. It's a fact.

Everybody keeps screaming about the "dumbing down of America". Funny how that coincides with the decline in smoking, isn't it?

a good one..

i want to open a smoking bar,, but because of a bunch of whiners it's illegal to open a bar that caters to smokers.... now that's an infringment of my rights..

Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
a good one..

i want to open a smoking bar,, but because of a bunch of whiners it's illegal to open a bar that caters to smokers.... now that's an infringment of my rights..
Agreed.

Smokers should be able to have their own bars and businesses that will cater to them. There would still be bars and similar businesses that catered to nonsmokers. Smokers are more demonized than gangbangers or banksters in today's society. It's sick.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
How about we just making smoking illegal? That would solve everything right?
It's worked so well with drugs and prostitution and worked so well with alcohol...

Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yes, I must've missed the part where cigarette smokers are being imprisoned for their habit.
Cigarette smokers aren't being imprisoned but are most certainly being threatened with fines if they smoke anywhere in public, even in a private business where the owner would be willing to allow it if he/she could.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 11-29-2011 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
It's worked so well with drugs and prostitution and worked so well with alcohol...
I'm a smoker - LOL.

That was meant to be sarcastic, but I decided to delete it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies