Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,495,084 times

Advertisements

He was a brutal dictator and a terrorist sponsor. He got what was coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:15 PM

25,845 posts, read 20,781,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well here's this leftist's consistency...

I whole heatedly supported President George H.W. Bush's efforts to liberate Kuwait.

I certainly supported President George W. Bush's initial efforts in Afghanistan

I quite correctly opposed the invasion of Iraq for the sole reason that it was a total distraction from the efforts in Afghanistan and was based upon a fraudulent premise. On the other hand, had their been a popular uprising against Hussein and had our aid to such an insurrection had not damaged our efforts to hunt down al Qaeda, I would have supported that as well.

But if you can't understand the difference between 187,000 troops to invade a country for no rational reason and one in which you use the Air Force to run a limited operation in Libya to aid an popular insurrection... then you have more problems that I can help to sort out.

^^This.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,108,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Not me. I'm glad he's dead. He was an evil man who tortured and murdered his own people.
You see, I don't mind that at all.

It's their problem.

I didn't like his killing of Americans.

We should mind our own business.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,792,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Let's just say I'm extremely disappointed. It's very concerning that a bunch of countries are now apparently able to gang up & assassinate a leader who disagrees with them...
A leader?

I guess since we've been coddling dictators for so long, it's OK to legitimize usurpers too.

NOBODY elected Gaddafi leader of jack-caca. He obtained power via a coup d'etat.

In case you forgot, let me remind you that RONALD REAGAN tried to kill him and FAILED. Please don't forget about them apples.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,214,640 times
some of Gadaffi's handiwork

excerpt of a portion of the investigation report from Flight 103 in Lockerbie, Scotland in which 270 people were murdered...

The explosion knocked out the power, plunging the passenger cabin into darkness...when the cockpit broke off, the fuselage was now an open cylinder. Tornado-force winds tore up the aisles, slamming into the chests, making it even more difficult to breathe, and stripping the clothes off the passengers. Some were thrown to the rear. Other people and objects not fixed down were blown out of the aircraft into the night at temperatures of −51 °F, their 31,000-foot fall through the nighttime troposphere lasting about two minutes. Some passengers remained attached to the fuselage by their seat belts, crashing to earth strapped to their seats. Although the passengers would have lost consciousness through lack of oxygen, forensic examiners believe some of them might have regained consciousness as they fell toward oxygen-rich lower altitudes. Forensic pathologist Dr. William G. Eckert, director of the Milton Helpern International Center of Forensic Sciences at Wichita State University, who examined the autopsy evidence, told Scottish police he believed the flight crew, some of the flight attendants, and 147 other passengers survived the bomb blast and depressurisation of the aircraft, and may have been alive on impact. None of these passengers showed signs of injury from the explosion itself, or from the decompression and disintegration of the aircraft. Forensic tests on some of the bodies suggested that their heartbeats may have continued after the explosion. David McMullon, a helicopter pilot who was involved in the search for bodies, claimed to have found one victim who was clutching a handful of grass....

...Another section of the fuselage landed about half a mile northeast, where it slammed into widow Ella Ramsden's home in Park Place. Her house was demolished, but Ramsden escaped. Ramsden's back garden was strewn with bodies and wreckage, and a victim was found wedged in the roof still strapped in his seat.

CGI impression of Flight 103 after explosion...

Pan Am Flight 103 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-20-2011, 08:37 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,507,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Gadaffi was a murder and terrorist who killed (or ordered killed) hundreds of Americans. I'm happy to see him dead. I regret that it took the murder of a great number of innocent people, and the legitimate military and political leaders of the country.
No one in any other country kills Americans without being provoked by America's leaders first.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,896,221 times
I think we're all glad that Kaddafi died a horrible death, but the OP is right - it's a little odd that Obama can just do this and no one says a peep, but if it had been a conservative president, he'd be labeled a terrorist and a murderer and so on. I thought it was bad form for one country to help assassinate the leader of another country. No?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 PM

68,387 posts, read 54,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I think we're all glad that Kaddafi died a horrible death, but the OP is right - it's a little odd that Obama can just do this and no one says a peep, but if it had been a conservative president, he'd be labeled a terrorist and a murderer and so on. I thought it was bad form for one country to help assassinate the leader of another country. No?
Your're correct. NO!

Qaddafi sponsored the mass murder of Americans, he should've been taken out by the first POTUS who knew of that action, NOT negotiated with as was done.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,644,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymshoes View Post
"So does anyone care about our President supporting the extrajudicial killing of a sovereign head of state? "

What if it was Hitler?
In what crazy world was Nazi Germany a Sovereign State?

Chalk me up to the **** Gaddafi, **** Obama, and **** GW camp. Anyone else with me?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,409,208 times
I don't care and even though I am not an Obama groupie (I still have my bills to pay-I thought when Jesus was elected those bills would go away), that "head of state" in Libya was trash and it was time for the trash to be taken out; by the way, are the great caring amnesty groups and such calling for investigations for all the other dead no-names around this dead bag of spit or do you have to be famous for the attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies