Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
They are killed without a trial because giving them a trial reveals too much about how we provoked them.

» Killing Gaddafi Spares ICC Embarrassment For US & Britain Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Here:

"................................. had Muammar Gaddafi been given the opportunity to defend himself in front of an international tribunal, his testimony would have been devastating on everything from the staged Lockerbie false flag attack, the US and NATO slaughtering his children, to his secret deals with former heads of state like Tony Blair, to his more recent meeting with President Barack Obama.

Specifically, he would have also have blown the whistle on the fact that the overthrow of Libya was accomplished with the aid of Al-Qaeda terrorists who killed U.S. and British troops in Iraq.

Gaddafi may also have pointed to the plight of black Libyans, who are being imprisoned and slaughtered by rebel forces hailed by the establishment media as freedom fighters.

Now that Gaddafi is dead, Libya will fall victim to political extremists and face the same fate as Egypt, which since the US-backed “Arab Spring” at the start of the year which displaced Mubarak, has turned into an even worse tyranny overseen by a military dictatorship.

But the mainstream networks will merely continue to broadcast scenes of cheering men firing guns into the air, selling another act of cynical neo-imperialism as a glorious liberation."
I suspect you are exactly right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is a kind of agreement in the UN and among leaders that you don't go directly at the head of state like Obama has.
I think he makes himself and retired Presidents like the Bush's, Carter and Clinton in far greater danger than they were before.
Exactly. Again, let me reiterate - I'm glad Kaddafi died and that he died a horrible death is especially sweet. However . . .

Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Bullcrap. I remember President Obama giving the Navy Seals full credit for taking out bin Laden, as well as the intelligence personnel and everyone else directly involved. Quit trying to re-write history.

I also remember him even giving (gasp!) Bush some credit, which I thought was totally wrong. But hey! our president is a much more generous and gracious person than I am.
How many times did he use the word I in his speech?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, I know the LEFT used to hate that kind of stuff....when republicans were in the White House....but now they celebrate the invasion of a sovereign muslim country to interfere in a civil war, that costs a billion dollars, without authority from congress.....yea, they used to just froth at the mouth about crap like that.

There are a FEW honest leftists on here that oppose what he has done, just as they opposed Bush and that's fine and dandy. It's the ones that cheer lead assassinations and invasion NOW when they opposed it THEN that is the height of hypocrisy.
Here's the difference, dear Sanrene: The war in Iraq has cost MORE than 1000x the amount than any support offered to Libya did, and thousands of our young people have died there. What are our casualties in Libya?

Furthermore, the attack in Libya wasn't precipitated BY us, unlike Iraq, which WE caused. Supporting the toppling of a regime through some monetary support and military power (very minimal support - $1 billion is roughly 0.1% of our annual military budget) is VERY different than CAUSING the toppling of a regime, at the cost of trillions and thousands of American lives.

Get it now?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That would depend upon which head of stae and what he has done to us.
In fact I think if a few more heads of state were targeted they might think twice before ordering nastey things done to others.
For example after we bombed Quadaffi's tent he cut the crap. Well in regard to targeting US citizens.
I really believe if these so called heads of state had a personal stake in the game they would rethink a lot of what they order done.
No Qaddafi didn't cut the crap after we bombed his tent. I know an American who was in Lebanon back then, and that is when Qaddafi started paying people to kidnap and kill Americans in Lebanon. He had to flee the country because of that.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
No Qaddafi didn't cut the crap after we bombed his tent. I know an American who was in Lebanon back then, and that is when Qaddafi started paying people to kidnap and kill Americans. He had to flee the country because of that.
How many terror plots were linked to him. I do mean evidence and proven? Pretty sure here say doesnt count.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How many terror plots were linked to him. I do mean evidence and proven? Pretty sure here say doesnt count.
3 instructors at American University of Beirut were kidnapped and killed as retaliation for the 1986 raid, including American Peter Kilburn. They specifically said it was retaliation for the Libya bombing.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
I think the President just multiplied by a thousand times assassination attempts on himself and all the ex Presidents by bad people from all over the world. Would have been better if the drone got him outright.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post

is VERY different than CAUSING the toppling of a regime, at the cost of trillions and thousands of American lives.
And let's not forget the many thousands (likely hundreds of thousands) of innocent Iraqi men, women, and children killed.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:08 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Um... Obama didn't kill Gaddafi, Libyan rebels did. And they didn't call up Obama and ask for orders when they found the dude. Are some of you people really having trouble reading the news articles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies