Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:12 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,369,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Let's just say I'm extremely disappointed. It's very concerning that a bunch of countries are now apparently able to gang up & assassinate a leader who disagrees with them...
You think this is new? A novelty of the 21st century?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,008,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
It happened right after Hillary left
Lady MacBeth.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,604,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
The way he was killed was inappropriate...
meh. He was killed by an angry mob, in a brutal manner. But not nearly as brutally as some of his victims. I feel no sympathy for him, just for the Libya solders and civilians murdered by our bombs, and by the thugs we supported.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,783,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, we have no business in Iraq,Iran, Libya, propping up Israel etc.

or was it supposed to be a trick question? lol
No, we have absolutely no business in Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan.

I just get annoyed when certain folks act like it's so horrible to kill somebody like OBL or Gaddafi.

I mean those two attacked people/countries, which to me is an act of war. Libya's situation, in my view, was a bit different.

At any rate, it now appears that Gaddafi was alive after the bombing attack. His own people found him alive, ambulating and talking.

It isn't all clear at this moment, but it appears his own people put a bullet in his head.

Does anybody know if a lot of people in the US raised cane about Mussolini's death in 1945?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,783,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
No one in any other country kills Americans without being provoked by America's leaders first.
Huh?

That's sounds a lot like "you made me do it".

Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They take credit. case in point Seal team 6 took out Binladen and Obama was all to happy to take the credit. As if he was on point for that mission.
Bullcrap. I remember President Obama giving the Navy Seals full credit for taking out bin Laden, as well as the intelligence personnel and everyone else directly involved. Quit trying to re-write history.

I also remember him even giving (gasp!) Bush some credit, which I thought was totally wrong. But hey! our president is a much more generous and gracious person than I am.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,604,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, we have absolutely no business in Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan.

I just get annoyed when certain folks act like it's so horrible to kill somebody like OBL or Gaddafi.

I mean those two attacked people/countries, which to me is an act of war. Libya's situation, in my view, was a bit different.

At any rate, it now appears that Gaddafi was alive after the bombing attack. His own people found him alive, ambulating and talking.

It isn't all clear at this moment, but it appears his own people put a bullet in his head.

Does anybody know if a lot of people in the US raised cane about Mussolini's death in 1945?
Many people don't have an issue with the death of OBL or Gadaffi. Yet they (or at least I) do have an issue with the hyprocasy of those that attacked the death of Saddam Hussain as some sort of illegal political assasination, yet chear for the death of the latest two scum. Why aren't the same people that called for the prosecution of GWB for the "illegal" wars in Iraq and Afganistan also calling for the prosecution of BHO for the expansion of the "illegal" (though passed and approved by congress) war in Afganistan, and the truely illegal war (engaged with no congressional approval) in Libya?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,487,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Huh?

That's sounds a lot like "you made me do it".
They are killed without a trial because giving them a trial reveals too much about how we provoked them.

» Killing Gaddafi Spares ICC Embarrassment For US & Britain Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Here:

"................................. had Muammar Gaddafi been given the opportunity to defend himself in front of an international tribunal, his testimony would have been devastating on everything from the staged Lockerbie false flag attack, the US and NATO slaughtering his children, to his secret deals with former heads of state like Tony Blair, to his more recent meeting with President Barack Obama.

Specifically, he would have also have blown the whistle on the fact that the overthrow of Libya was accomplished with the aid of Al-Qaeda terrorists who killed U.S. and British troops in Iraq.

Gaddafi may also have pointed to the plight of black Libyans, who are being imprisoned and slaughtered by rebel forces hailed by the establishment media as freedom fighters.

Now that Gaddafi is dead, Libya will fall victim to political extremists and face the same fate as Egypt, which since the US-backed “Arab Spring” at the start of the year which displaced Mubarak, has turned into an even worse tyranny overseen by a military dictatorship.

But the mainstream networks will merely continue to broadcast scenes of cheering men firing guns into the air, selling another act of cynical neo-imperialism as a glorious liberation."

Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,277,593 times
Please tell me you don't really get your information from Alex Jones.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,298,881 times
There is a kind of agreement in the UN and among leaders that you don't go directly at the head of state like Obama has.
I think he makes himself and retired Presidents like the Bush's, Carter and Clinton in far greater danger than they were before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies