Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 08:32 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yes he did.

"Presiding impartially over the Convention, Washington took no active part in its debates, nor in the subsequent ratification debates in the several states."

Rediscovering George Washington . Milestones: About the Constitutional Convention | PBS
Washington didn't debate. He presided over the proceedings, which included submitting the suggestion he received from Jay which subsequently was included in the ratified Constitution.

If you have any other direct primary source for the inclusion of the NBC clause for Presidential eligibility in the Constitution besides Jay's letter to Washington, post it.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
....which included submitting the suggestion he received from Jay....
is there any documentation of this?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
is there any documentation of this?
If you have any other direct primary source for the inclusion of the NBC clause for Presidential eligibility in the Constitution besides Jay's letter to Washington, post it.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If you have any other direct primary source ...
would i have to prove it was submitted to the constitutional convention?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
would i have to prove it was submitted to the constitutional convention?
A letter to George Washington or any of the other Constitutional Convention delegates regarding Presidential eligibility requirements in the correct time frame would suffice.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Okay... I will do so for the 5th time in this thread.
And before you start whining that "alien" and 'foreigner" are two different things... they're not. Alien is the word used in all US Law. Foreigner is not.

Definition of ALIEN

a: belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange b: relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign

Alien - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
ain't that the truth.

the part of the video ( Sheriff Joe Promises Birfer Shocks » Oh, For Goodness Sake ) i love is when arpaio says to orly " i can't talk too much about this..... in fact i'm a little sore you talked about some of this."
i don't blame him. orly just blabbed about then handed over to joe a SS# that she fraudulently obtained and illegally published. that does not put joe in a good position.

i'm happy that you admire orly, claud, i just hope it's not for her knowledge of the law.
It was an awkward setting for as much as she wanted to tell him. I assume she was forced to speak in public - it would have been better for her to meet with him in private, about her findings. otoh it was a supportive group.
I trust Orly, she knows a heck of a lot more about the law than you and I do. She's a patriot!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 PM

wreckingball: As you must be aware, Sherrif Joe has his hands full right now. I just got this email. As you can see, the last thing he needed was this task of investigating Obama's eligibility. It's a sad state of affairs that we must ask this of a sheriff, and can't trust those elected to represent us.
I know you disagree, but I hope we can both admire this man's strength of character. He's got a bounty on his head!!!!!

Quote:
Because he has led the fight in Arizona against illegal immigration, Sheriff Joe Arpaio has become the target of attack by national special interest groups and left-wing politicians who would rather turn a blind eye towards the crisis of illegal immigration. All he is doing is enforcing the laws of his state and our country. These well-funded groups have vowed an unprecedented fight to defeat him for re-election.
What these extremists really want is a Sheriff who will look the other way, be silent and allow the charade to continue, while ignoring the laws of our land. Sheriff Joe will NEVER let that happen.
It's going to take a lot of resources to combat the attacks and false allegations against Joe and his deputies — as well as the latest talk about a recall campaign to remove him from office. We anticipate the hardest campaign in Maricopa County history to remove Sheriff Joe due to his unyielding stance on illegal immigration enforcement.
Because even in light of the political threats from the White House, the Justice Department and the ACLU, Sheriff Joe Arpaio won’t back down one inch when it comes to enforcing our illegal immigration laws.

And because even in light of the daily death threats he receives and a $1 MILLION bounty on his head from the Mexican Drug Cartels, Joe will not surrender and back down when it comes to going after human smugglers, drug traffickers and illegal immigrants. Arizona is the gateway for drug and human smugglers. Joe is determined to draw a line in the sand to stop them here, and thus protect your community from these criminals as well.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,617 times
Wow, 31 pages.

This thread is a great example of what is wrong with this country. Nothing but a bunch of nonsense on both sides

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wow, 31 pages.

This thread is a great example of what is wrong with this country. Nothing but a bunch of nonsense on both sides
No, this thread is what is right about this country. There is right and there is just flat out wrong. What is wrong with this country is too much compromise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies