Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I suppose this doesn't work either way in our lives. Is there a possibility that the person doing the diagnosing could be unprepared to do a good job of same? My first wife had a psychology degree and she doesn't think I am what you think I am. Maybe I could tell here about you and see how she sees you and other prog paranoid name callers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 04:33 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Are they going to shut down opportunistic radio pirates too?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I agree....It does seem ass backward to me if it's done for emergency alert purposes.

Maybe they want to test to see if they can restart the system after a hijack/terrorist scenario blackout .... makes more sense.

I don't know about this being Obama's dictatorial America,
since this "Test" was initiated by Homeland Security, which was created under Bush Jr. and overwhelmingly allowed to continue under both parties...
Hmmmm, I would say that you haven't heard much of what the Homeland Security Boss has been saying about her lack of knowledge of anything to do with Fast and Furious before she heard about it from the media. That makes me wonder about how she thinks about things like this.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
I am ready! Anyone old enough to remember when AM radios had marks at 640 and 1240? I found out they indicated CONELRAD, the predecessor to the Emergency Alert System. In case of emergency you were supposed to tune to those frequencies for official information. How often do they use the system for emergencies such as hurricanes and earthquakes?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Like in "The Stand" the govt shuts down communication in event of emergency.
A good but scary movie, I think.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If not get ready because on November 9 at 1:00 central or 2:00 eastern the government will be shutting down all radio, tv and even C-D for 3 1/2 minutes. This is part of a test to see what they can do and if it can work so well.

Can you think of any other times that the government has done something like this in the name of care of the people? I can think of several but it is so obvious that pure censorship is what Cass is aiming at, this time.
Is this shutdown during a broadcast of the Glen Beck show, Roy?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I am ready! Anyone old enough to remember when AM radios had marks at 640 and 1240? I found out they indicated CONELRAD, the predecessor to the Emergency Alert System. In case of emergency you were supposed to tune to those frequencies for official information. How often do they use the system for emergencies such as hurricanes and earthquakes?
I remember that but didn't know it was still there because of a number of things, mostly the system we have had for so long. You are an old one, aren't you?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
All we want is for the Democrats to get a "FAIR" shake.

Republicans should be stifled for the sake of fairness.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Are you ready for the air waves to go silent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If not get ready because on November 9 at 1:00 central or 2:00 eastern the government will be shutting down all radio, tv and even C-D for 3 1/2 minutes. This is part of a test to see what they can do and if it can work so well.

Can you think of any other times that the government has done something like this in the name of care of the people? I can think of several but it is so obvious that pure censorship is what Cass is aiming at, this time.

I'll be at work, so I'll never even notice.

Maybe you can pop in that tape of a recorded Glen Beck show to ease you through it.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Is this shutdown during a broadcast of the Glen Beck show, Roy?
I would be screaming at Cass Sunstein if it was. Nope they missed him by about 3 hours. When I pay for something I want to watch it and the government has no right to take that away from me. I see that you haven't seen Beck since he left Fox. I like it much better now since he can accomplish so much more in 2 hours and is not controlled from above. He is the boss of the place and can therefore say anything he wants to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies