Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 03:30 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,008 times

Advertisements

i agree - i dont identify myself other than "im an old broad" - i believe people are people and prefer to live in community that is not limited to by age such as the over 55 crowd - i like living with people from all ages and backgrounds - i cant think of anything more boring than to live with people just like me but then again i would never have to leave the house LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 03:32 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
When people like yourself stop acting like perpetual victims then maybe I will change my perception of you.
Zing....

Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
That chip on your shoulder is awfully heavy...
Another zing...

Old 10-28-2011, 03:41 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Deal?

After reading innumerable threads and comments regarding racial self-identification, lack of assimilation, and screeds about multiculturalism I thought to myself why is it that I've never read a thread or comment advocating the ending of the classification referred to as white? I mean if African American is so offensive because of its alleged inaccuracy then why not do a way with the term white, after all, white people are exactly white or anything close to it. So, in the hopes of bringing about that much touted color blind society, I would like to make the following offer.

Do away with the idea or whiteness and I will stop identifying myself as an African American and ask others to do the same.

What do you think?
Okay I'm White, you are of color, or whatever you want to call yourself. Why all the noise? You can use the W word if you choose, I'll use whatever word I choose.
AA is a good identity for people of color too. That's what I'd use if I was of that type.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Why can't we just say "I'm a human being"? That ends classification.
Lil Wayne - I Am Not A Human Being Lyrics

Old 10-28-2011, 03:54 PM

712 posts, read 1,367,026 times
Quote:
Deal?

After reading innumerable threads and comments regarding racial self-identification, lack of assimilation, and screeds about multiculturalism I thought to myself why is it that I've never read a thread or comment advocating the ending of the classification referred to as white? I mean if African American is so offensive because of its alleged inaccuracy then why not do a way with the term white, after all, white people are exactly white or anything close to it.

What do you think?
I agree with you 100%. The whole "political correctness" was created simply because of "white" people being scared to offend those more powerful.

My definition of a "White person":

* a white person is simply a person with skin that cannot tan very easy.
* people from sweden, ireland, etc... those are white people
* chinese people can be white
* cubans, mexicans, latin americans, etc... also can be white
*..tons more examples...but did not want to write a book

My definition of "Not a White person":

* someone with dark skin
* someone that tans very well

It has nothing to do with attitude.

It's all simple if you think about it. But the truth is that none of this matters. We are all people who deserve to be here on earth equally.

Boom! Done.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The burden of ALL of that White privilege must be so very taxing

When people like yourself stop telling me what Black people think then maybe I will change my statement.
Yeah we get free gas and newspapers in the good neighborhoods if no black people are looking.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
I agree with you 100%. The whole "political correctness" was created simply because of "white" people being scared to offend those more powerful.

My definition of a "White person":

* a white person is simply a person with skin that cannot tan very easy.
* people from sweden, ireland, etc... those are white people
* chinese people can be white
* cubans, mexicans, latin americans, etc... also can be white
*..tons more examples...but did not want to write a book

My definition of "Not a White person":

* someone with dark skin
* someone that tans very well

It has nothing to do with attitude.

It's all simple if you think about it. But the truth is that none of this matters. We are all people who deserve to be here on earth equally.

Boom! Done.
That will never do for liberals, if they can't group us, then they can't label us, if they can't label us, they can't affectively attack, ridicule and smear us.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Deal?

After reading innumerable threads and comments regarding racial self-identification, lack of assimilation, and screeds about multiculturalism I thought to myself why is it that I've never read a thread or comment advocating the ending of the classification referred to as white? I mean if African American is so offensive because of its alleged inaccuracy then why not do a way with the term white, after all, white people are exactly white or anything close to it. So, in the hopes of bringing about that much touted color blind society, I would like to make the following offer.

Do away with the idea or whiteness and I will stop identifying myself as an African American and ask others to do the same.

What do you think?
Okay. From now on I am German-Danish-Scottish American and not just white. That sounds just as rational as "African American".

"White" refers to race, not nation or continent of origin. "African-American" refers to continent of origin and perceived allegience to another entity. I really do not think of myself as a German-Dane-Highlander. Why in the hell do you think of yourself as African? I mean, that is very strange. Were you not born in America? I guess that just makes you American, just like me.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Deal?

What do you think?
Besides the Arian Nation or the KKK, which white people ever refer to themselves, in a public venue, as white-Americans?

Do we hear endlessly about how we must set aside special attention for white-American music, white-American culture, white-American food, white-American scholastic studies, white-American TV shows, white-American colleges, special considerations for testing result, hiring practices, and ratio of employees to accommodate white-Americans?Or do we just lump all of this special time for appreciation and reflection for white-American history month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies