Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,400,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's just funny. I can only imagine how that went down. I have no clue what a "general" prostitute request for pay, but I've heard of some that require $10's of $1,000's an hour. Maybe you sold yourself short? Maybe you owe him... Such as life, and the various cost of living disparities...

The rest of your post sounds like you need an anger management class, or 1,698 of them.
LOL / Can't rep you again, and can't top that one.

Lots of angry women around.

And it's all YOUR fault, Jon.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 PM

402 posts, read 591,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
In reality I'm in the same place. It's not like I spend my days and nights beating on SAHM's because I actually care that much to "have it in" for them.

It's the shameless self-promoters that tick me off. Them, and the ones that drive their poor kids crazy with meaningless structure and activities to justify them staying home.

It is a sweet deal. No need to crow about it on a regular basis. I'm just glad my wife wanted to get out, because it does make the mind soft if you don't use your time wisely.
All of this!! Well said!

I get tired of SAHMs who act like their jobs are so demanding. It's really not. Many of them simply FIND tasks to do to make it seem like it's more work than it really is. I frequent several sites where many of the posters are SAHMs. I laugh because they typically have tens of thousands of posts and are usually on there alll day. If being a SAHM is THAT demanding, how do you have time to stay on a message board that many hours?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:28 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,042,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Your post makes no sense as a reply to what I wrote. Are you blaming stay-at-home moms for the teen pregnancy rate going up? Sure sounds like it.
I'm not blaming SAHM's. I'm saying if they are under
the age of 18 I question how much human engineering
skills they really have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your link is over a year old. I believe the teen birth rate has gone down again. Small yearly fluctuations are not particularly relevant, anyway.

This may be off topic, but I can't let the statement that 50% of 13 year olds are having sex go by. That is untrue.
Your right, I read it wrong. it should have been 18, and it should have been 59 percent.

My point - when kids are having kids - how equipped
are they to parent ....they aren't. So this notion that all SAHM have so much to pass on in regards to
wisdom is rather silly.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,554,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
LOL / Can't rep you again, and can't top that one.

Lots of angry women around.

And it's all YOUR fault, Jon.
I can only imagine the scolding and putting-in-my-place that I'll receive from this one. Helen of Troy, watch out now. Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned...

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-30-2011 at 05:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM

24,155 posts, read 15,241,595 times
Harborlady, I tried to count the women who have enhanced my life during the past 50 years who left careers to be mothers, only to get dumped for a sweet young thing when the kids went to college. Fingers and toes were not enough.

I once tried to get a friend who owned a insurance company to sell Sweet Young Thing Insurance. He smiled, humored me a little and said there was no market. We revisited the subject when he approached the age and saw it happening to all his friends. Thank goodness, those folks did not have a money issue. When he dumped his wife for a sweet young thing, spousal maintenance cost him $45,000 a month. He saw the market.

Most are not that lucky. I strongly suspect that income security accounts for many mothers continuing their jobs when they would rather be raising their own children.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,688,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
All of this!! Well said!

I get tired of SAHMs who act like their jobs are so demanding. It's really not. Many of them simply FIND tasks to do to make it seem like it's more work than it really is. I frequent several sites where many of the posters are SAHMs. I laugh because they typically have tens of thousands of posts and are usually on there alll day. If being a SAHM is THAT demanding, how do you have time to stay on a message board that many hours?
My sister-in-law, a stay-at-home who loudly proclaims she has the "hardest job" to anyone who will listen spends most of her time playing Sims or on Facebook. Good work if you can find it.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
My sister-in-law, a stay-at-home who loudly proclaims she has the "hardest job" to anyone who will listen spends most of her time playing Sims or on Facebook. Good work if you can find it.
That's the few "elites."

Most SAHM aren't so lucky. Sure, they get online to talk about the latest drama because 99% of their time is taken up by doing mom things.

We all know the rampant alcoholic smoker mom who cries about their life having to deal with feeding the dog and getting the mail. That's not the majority. To act like it is the norm is just ridiculous.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-30-2011 at 06:21 PM..

Old 10-30-2011, 06:16 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,688,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's the few "elites."

Most SAHM aren't so lucky. Sure, they get online to talk about the latest drama because 99% of their time is taken up by doing mom things.

We all know the rampant alcoholic smoker mom who cries about their life having to deal with feeding the dog and getting the mail. That's not the majority. To act like it is is just ridiculous.
I dunno, Big. She has three boys under the age of 5. I'll give her this. She's a great mom and keeps a clean house. She has a rigid routine she runs the boys through, which includes plenty of instruction to get them prepared for school. Her job is still laughably easy compared to what most of us do for our daily bread. Again, I mean no disrespect to stay-at-homes. If that's what works for you and yours, great -- just spare me the details of your *hard* life.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I dunno, Big. She has three boys under the age of 5. I'll give her this. She's a great mom and keeps a clean house. She has a rigid routine she runs the boys through, which includes plenty of instruction to get them prepared for school. Her job is still laughably easy compared to what most of us do for our daily bread. Again, I mean no disrespect to stay-at-homes. If that's what works for you and yours, great -- just spare me the details of your *hard* life.
What more do you want from a woman? is she suppose to have your meal ready, clothes clean, tires rotated, oil changed, air filter changed, etc?

You do understand many of those things are frightening even to men?

I've gotten into buying the right air filter and watched the jaws of men who are mechanical engineers drop...

They're women for god's sake. They have more important things than to understand pressure drops, cubic feet per minute, SEER ratings, the efficiency of light bulbs, how much hot water is used in doing laundry and coefficients of performance.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Why does it seem like our most liberal friends are hostile to women and the role they decide for themselves? That's what being a liberal is all about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies