Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 PM

175 posts, read 302,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Listen to what you are saying. Seriously stop and think about that. YOU HAVE TWO FRICKING LITTLE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BROUGHT TWO HUMAN BEINGS INTO THIS WORLD! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure they are protected, cared for, etc. His brothers in arms come second to his children. It's not like this guy was on his 1st or 2nd deployment to a combat zone. It was his 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy probably couldn't handle being a father or even handle civillian life after spending that much time in a combat zone. That is the reason many of these guys go back. It has nothing to do with being a hero, save that bs for other sheep. And yes I would think after you bring two little girls into this world and having served enough years in a hot combat zone as a special operations Ranger it is HIS DUTY to take another less dangerous job. If you're going to go be Mr. war hero at 29 years old don't bother having kids and brining life into this world if you're not going to be there to raise them. This guy kept going back and back and back. Enough is enough. Seriously, why have a family if you aren't even going to be there to take care of it? War or not. And there are no heros in war. War is hell.
I deleted some of your quoted comment for space saving but in any case all that you say here just shows your complete lack of experience or understanding of those in the military. Saying there are no heroes in war shows you've never been there to observe heroic actions done. This was his way of providing for his family and unless you personally know his family then you have no idea what kind of father he was but based on everything I've heard of the guy he was a very kind and loving father. Even in death he will have his family provided for by the military and especially his Soldiers in arms left behind. I'm sure his family missed him but who are you to say whether or not he was there for those kids? And yes, you clearly have no understanding of the close family bonds Soldiers develop for one another. I doubt he liked leaving his family behind but he wanted to be there for his fellow Soldiers/family as well. Would you think as badly of a civilian guy who has kids who takes a bullet to save his brother? Again please don't speak for whether we can handle civilian life or our reasons for going back because you clearly have no clue whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Was it irresponsible? No, absolutely not. This man served bravely for ten years. Likely he was going for a career and benefits that result from a full 20 years in service in order to better take care of his family. May he and those who perished with him R.I.P. .

Below is quite a compliment to this soldiers dedication, skill and responsibility.

Quote:
Col. Mark W. Odom, commander of the 75th Ranger Regiment, said in a statement that Domeij was a "game changer" who "had the value of an entire strike force on the battlefield."
Read more: Army Ranger Killed On 14th Deployment To War Zone | Fox News

Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Was it irresponsible? No, absolutely not. This man served bravely for ten years. Likely he was going for a career and benefits that result from a full 20 years in service in order to better take care of his family. May he and those who perished with him R.I.P. .

Below is quite a compliment to this soldiers dedication, skill and responsibility.

Read more: Army Ranger Killed On 14th Deployment To War Zone | Fox News
Ditto. Nothing but support from my side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies