Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, you know better than that. The temperature is still increasing, the sea levels are rising, glaciers are melting...What makes you say there is no warming trend? Is that the GOP party line, or are you a shill for big oil?
My God, WHERE do you get your "news"?

There has been NO warming for the last 13 years.

The Sea level is DECREASING.

The Glaciers AREN'T melting....but if they were, you DO know it's happened before, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ahhhhh run for the hills!!!

"The world pumped about 564 million more tons of carbon into the air in 2010 than it did in 2009. That's an increase of 6 percent. That amount of extra pollution eclipses the individual emissions of all but three countries - China, the United States and India, the world's top producers of greenhouse gases."

Good thing co2 makes up a miniscule % of greenhouse gas. Ooops the article failed to point that out.

I hope these loons are right because it's already snowed here and I don't like winter much anymore. A year long growing season would do us all nice and allow for more baseball.

"Monster" greenhouse gas levels seen - CBS News

got to be global dimming.....
Global Dimming Documentary Part 1/5 - YouTube

Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But.....there is no warming. All temperature data says warming stopped a decade or so ago....yet Co2 is at very, very, high, dangerous levels.
Yep. Just like it stopped in previous decades...

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My God, WHERE do you get your "news"?

There has been NO warming for the last 13 years.

The Sea level is DECREASING.

The Glaciers AREN'T melting....but if they were, you DO know it's happened before, right?
I sure don't my information from the same place you do. I prefer legitimate science sites like this one... CU Sea Level Research Group | University of Colorado

Or this one... SOTC: Sea Level

All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880. Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years. Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase.

The authors' analysis shows ice loss in the study area of at least 11.2 gigatons per year from 2001 to 2006. Their ongoing work shows ice loss from 2006 to 2010 was almost as large, averaging 10.2 gigatons per year.
Researchers provide detailed picture of ice loss following the collapse of Antarctic ice shelves

This is not for you sanrene, because you seem to prefer lies, but others will read it and make their own decisions about what is true and what is not.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Yep. Just like it stopped in previous decades...

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs
The sea level hasn't stopped rising, and when the sun becomes more active (It has been in a low activity cycle) glacial melting will increase and drive an even more rapid sea level increase.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
The sea level hasn't stopped rising, and when the sun becomes more active (It has been in a low activity cycle) glacial melting will increase and drive an even more rapid sea level increase.
Did you look at the link?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Did you look at the link?
Yeah, I looked at it, but have no idea what it means...Does it say that the global temperature has not risen in the last decade?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I looked at it, but have no idea what it means...Does it say that the global temperature has not risen in the last decade?
Well sorta.

They have the website calculate the best line fit for the last 9 years (2002-2011). That's the light blue line. It's a very small decline. Ok so we see it's a decline...

Then they pick another set of years earlier (1995 to 2001). Purple line. No warming there! Repeat for earlier set of years. Lots of declines.

So, if you can legitimately say it hasn't warmed in the last decade; why not say it hasn't warmed for all those sets of years? But obviously it has warmed since the start of the graph, but by picking a short time period, you can show declines that don't really exist. Whoever made that graph was picking sets of years that show the most decline.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM

488 posts, read 555,035 times
Quote:
I sure don't my information from the same place you do. I prefer legitimate science sites like this one... CU Sea Level Research Group | University of Colorado

Or this one... SOTC: Sea Level

All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880. Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years. Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase.

The authors' analysis shows ice loss in the study area of at least 11.2 gigatons per year from 2001 to 2006. Their ongoing work shows ice loss from 2006 to 2010 was almost as large, averaging 10.2 gigatons per year.
Researchers provide detailed picture of ice loss following the collapse of Antarctic ice shelves

This is not for you sanrene, because you seem to prefer lies, but others will read it and make their own decisions about what is true and what is not.
Yeah, but that's all a bunch of science dorks. What do they know? I don't understand the aversion to reducing pollutants. Should we just let things continue until a crisis forms, and then try to fix it when it's too late? Why is it a bad thing to minimize our impact?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
I guess that purchase of scuba gear was smart. With the sea rising I'll be ok for a while. I stopped work on my ark but may have to go to the lumber yard tomorrow and get back at it. I thought all the falsified research in the global warming fiasco would have put a stop to this evil planet trying to warm us up but now I don't know what to do. Are there any types of boat/house/farm living facilities you global warming folks have on layaway for when we all get flooded? I could get in on one if the price is right and put my ark to rest. All that wood I use can't be good for the trees ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies