Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Ahhhhh run for the hills!!!

"The world pumped about 564 million more tons of carbon into the air in 2010 than it did in 2009. That's an increase of 6 percent. That amount of extra pollution eclipses the individual emissions of all but three countries - China, the United States and India, the world's top producers of greenhouse gases."

Good thing co2 makes up a miniscule % of greenhouse gas. Ooops the article failed to point that out.

I hope these loons are right because it's already snowed here and I don't like winter much anymore. A year long growing season would do us all nice and allow for more baseball.

"Monster" greenhouse gas levels seen - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
But.....there is no warming. All temperature data says warming stopped a decade or so ago....yet Co2 is at very, very, high, dangerous levels.

I wonder how they'll explain that to the muddled masses of AGW cult believers.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But.....there is no warming. All temperature data says warming stopped a decade or so ago....yet Co2 is at very, very, high, dangerous levels.

Shhhhh..... don't upset the AGW lemmings.... they have already made their decision to follow blindly.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ahhhhh run for the hills!!!

"The world pumped about 564 million more tons of carbon into the air in 2010 than it did in 2009. That's an increase of 6 percent. That amount of extra pollution eclipses the individual emissions of all but three countries - China, the United States and India, the world's top producers of greenhouse gases."

Good thing co2 makes up a miniscule % of greenhouse gas. Ooops the article failed to point that out.

I hope these loons are right because it's already snowed here and I don't like winter much anymore. A year long growing season would do us all nice and allow for more baseball.

"Monster" greenhouse gas levels seen - CBS News
Reasons why I think my 11-year old sister could have written a more professional article:

- There is no rebuttal in the story whatsoever. If the DOE and some professor dorks say so, it must be treated as solid gold fact!

- The article is talking about CO levels but veers off and starts referring to it under general terms such as pollution and emissions deeper in the article

- Use an immature, sensationalist word(monster), uttered by an inconsequential professor and essentially apply it as fact to the whole issue.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:

Good grief, you know better than that. The temperature is still increasing, the sea levels are rising, glaciers are melting...What makes you say there is no warming trend? Is that the GOP party line, or are you a shill for big oil?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
Reasons why I think my 11-year old sister could have written a more professional article:

- There is no rebuttal in the story whatsoever. If the DOE and some professor dorks say so, it must be treated as solid gold fact!

- The article is talking about CO levels but veers off and starts referring to it under general terms such as pollution and emissions deeper in the article

- Use an immature, sensationalist word(monster), uttered by an inconsequential professor and essentially apply it as fact to the whole issue.
Ah but the EPA has decided that co2 is a pollutant so they can now lump pollution into the global warming nonsense. I guess stupid people will believe anything. At least that's what they have bet on. They were cashing in bigtime but now that Al Gores carbon exchange in Chicago went under they are revamping their strategy on how to loot the world.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, you know better than that. The temperature is still increasing, the sea levels are rising, glaciers are melting...What makes you say there is no warming trend? Is that the GOP party line, or are you a shill for big oil?
So you are one of the muddled masses Sanrene talked about?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you are one of the muddled masses Sanrene talked about?
No, I'm one of the people that is not hiding my head in the sand...I don't know how you guys can stand all that grit in your eyes and ears...I guess that is why you don't see of hear all that well, huh?

Can you see this? Climate Change: Evidence

Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:

This is just plain bullsh*t. The earth has been warming consistently over this time.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
How about some discrete Science for a change instead of finding the few "conspiracy theorists"!

FROM.......N.A.S.A.>>>>>

Global Ice Viewer

CAUTION>>>>>>>This is an interactive viewer...you must have an I.Q. above 100 to comprehend how to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies