Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,370,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Nobody called you a nazi. this blog is talking about homophobia which is much more rampant in the republican partyh, actually it's celebrated..
Do you have any proof it is celebrated in the Republican Party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:47 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Herman cain is the front runner isn't he?

He already OPENLY said that being gay is a choice (which it's not) and lifestyle (which it's not) and both he and rick santorum said they'd go back to gay military discrimination by reinstating DADT if they are elected to a mass of applause.

Herman Cain's latest 'flip-flop': A federal gay-marriage ban - The Week

Dan Savage Challenges Herman Cain To Prove Being Gay Is 'A Choice'... By Performing Oral Sex On Him

rick santorum:

Rick Santorum: DADT Repeal Has Been 'Detrimental' For Gay Soldiers

GOP Debate - Rick Santorum On Reinstating 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' - YouTube

Old 11-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Herman cain is the front runner isn't he?

He already OPENLY said that being gay is a choice (which it's not) and lifestyle (which it's not) and both he and rick santorum said they'd go back to gay military discrimination by reinstating DADT if they are elected to a mass of applause.
That's called speaking your mind. The crowd is just agreeing

Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,686 times
Quote:
That's called speaking your mind. The crowd is just agreeing
Yeah, it's called speaking your mind about being bigoted

just like when a racists 'speaks his mind' about his dislike of people of another race.

I don't get people like you, ALL types of verbalized bigotry is speaking your mind. what's your point?

are you saying that if i'm racist and i say racist things, it's ok because i'm just speaking your mind?

and the crowd agreed, and that's what the topic of this thread is, and you just proved my point.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's called speaking your mind about being bigoted

just like when a racists 'speaks his mind' about his dislike of people of another race.

I don't get people like you, ALL types of verbalized bigotry is speaking your mind. what's your point?

are you saying that if i'm racist and i say racist things, it's ok because i'm just speaking your mind?

and the crowd agreed, and that's what the topic of this thread is, and you just proved my point.
It's called freedom of speech, you see I don't care if you call me a bigot or anything else because I would rather you "speak your mind" than put on a act.
The same with a racial slur, I would want to know how you truely feel than to think you feel one way when you are the opposite.

Of course they agreed but they did not celebrate.

Would you want people to smile in your face and talk behind your back or would you like the government to control what you say? I don't want either

Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,968,505 times
That Santorum guy is such a fool and an idiot.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,120,557 times
Quote:
Are you being serious? Here are some direct quotes from the Texas Republican Platform (very similar language is found in many other state's Republican platforms):

"Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God"

"We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit..."

"Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable 'alternative' lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should 'family' be redefined to include homosexual 'couples.'"

"We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits. We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values."

"We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such."

"We oppose the legalization of sodomy."

So in review, the official position of the Texas Republican party is that homosexuals are an affront to God and that tolerating homosexuals leads to the destruction of society and the family. As such, there should be no positive messages about homosexuals. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to form families: homosexual couples should not ever get things like insurance or retirement benefits; it should be illegal for homosexuals to raise children. And to top it off, sex between homosexuals should once again be criminalized.

That's an amazing amount fear towards homosexuals and an awful lot of mistreatment of homosexuals. Is this enough evidence that homophobia is celebrated in the Republican Party?

https://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP...T_PLATFORM.pdf

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Default Celebrated

to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities: to celebrate Christmas; to celebrate the success of a new play. 2.to make known publicly; proclaim: The newspaper celebrated the end of the war in red headlines. 3.to praise widely or to present to widespread and favorable public notice, as through newspapers or novels: a novel celebrating the joys of marriage; the countryside celebrated in the novels of Hardy. 4.to perform with appropriate rites and ceremonies; solemnize: to celebrate a marriage. verb (used without object) 5.to observe a day or commemorate an event with ceremonies or festivities.
6.to perform a religious ceremony, especially Mass or the Lord's Supper.
7.to have or participate in a party, drinking spree, or uninhibited good time: You look like you were up celebrating all night.

A stretch at the least.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
I don't like a politician for being bigoted towards me so that makes me bigoted..

Bigoted, or simply expressing a different point of view to which you are intolerant?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,944,613 times
They are just as bigoted against Mexicans as gays. They are that way because they have to pander to the stupid jackasses who vote for them. They also encourage the bigotry because it takes the focus off their blatant corruption and its easier to make gays and Latinos a scapegoat than fix anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies