Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 12:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
The answer is easy. They are merely representing their voters who feel the same hatred they have against homosexuals. Politicians will continue being that way a long as it works to get votes to get them elected and reelected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
actually i looked up the term bigot. stubborn and intolerant.
but we could use that term for militant gays as well no?
Yeah, there really isn't much different between the far right and the far left in terms of the tactics they use. Both unfairly generalize and stereotype the opposing viewpoint to such extremes that reasonable conversation can not be had.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:56 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What rights do I want to take away. You can get married. Nobody is stopping you. And how is your life harder?

I like my dogs, too, but don't want them to get married.

Here's a little advice from someone that has many gay friends, and has attended more than one gay marriage - if the gay militant extremists would just ease back on their activism, less people would oppose your right to join in a union. But for many in the gay community, it's never "good enough". Mandate tolerance in schools - not good enough. There has to be a pro gay curriculum. Legislate single sex unions - not good enough. It has to be called marriage.

Accept a union that is equal in every way to marriage, but don't call it marriage, and you will find more folks accepting of your cause. If you could care less about religion anyway, what difference would it make. Except it's JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

gay marriage is legal now?

No i CAN NOT get married. it's extremely angering that people like you say this just to get a RISE out of people. I as a GAY person born with a GAY ORIENTATION can get a HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE ... JUST LIKE YOU.. except for ONE THING. YOU have a HETEROSEXUAL OREINTATION.

why would a gay person have a straight marriage? I thought it was wrong to destroy a womans life and my own by doing this? tell me, why are you so sadistic?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM

181 posts, read 234,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
How is your life harder if you don't get to preach to my kid in school?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
You poke your partner in whatever orifice you wish in the privacy of your own bedroom.

Then leave my kid the hell out of it in school.

Comprendo?

What the hell happened to you kid at school and how exactly is the relevant?

Start a new thread under parenting if it is so important, but this thread is on politics and gay rights.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
gay marriage is legal now?

No i CAN NOT get married. it's extremely angering that people like you say this just to get a RISE out of people. I as a GAY person born with a GAY ORIENTATION can get a HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE ... JUST LIKE YOU.. except for ONE THING. YOU have a HETEROSEXUAL OREINTATION.
Then answer me this, Why didn't You Homosexuals go after the Federal Unions with all rights as marriage that Obama said he was all for, you people had the oppertunity to get this with a Pres and Dems. in control?

If I were you I would just relaxe and try to enjoy life instead of being all pushed out of shape 24/7. Life is passing you by.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
I think you get around little. We have gay friends, our friends have gay children and never have we been rude or judgmental of them. This kind of blanket flaming is outrageous and you my friend have had too much koolaid. I think people have a right to their opinions and beliefs, even you. The people who do not approve of your lifestyle have a right to that opinion as long as they do no harm. You can't legislate opinions any more than you can legislate morality and force others to just step in line. we are a very mixed stew.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
then perhaps you can listen to what jesus said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." it says essentially the same thing.
Drag God into this why dont you? I think if we do have a loving God then gays are included in the mix. But you can argue the bible till you are blue in the face and again, you can't change every opinion that sides against you. Live your life as you see fit but don't ask everyone to applaud your theatrics. Gosh look at all the people who hate us because we are a bit more conservative, lol.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What rights do I want to take away. You can get married. Nobody is stopping you. And how is your life harder?

I like my dogs, too, but don't want them to get married.

Here's a little advice from someone that has many gay friends, and has attended more than one gay marriage - if the gay militant extremists would just ease back on their activism, less people would oppose your right to join in a union. But for many in the gay community, it's never "good enough". Mandate tolerance in schools - not good enough. There has to be a pro gay curriculum. Legislate single sex unions - not good enough. It has to be called marriage.

Accept a union that is equal in every way to marriage, but don't call it marriage, and you will find more folks accepting of your cause. If you could care less about religion anyway, what difference would it make. Except it's JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Well said.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Then answer me this, Why didn't You Homosexuals go after the Federal Unions with all rights as marriage that Obama said he was all for, you people had the oppertunity to get this with a Pres and Dems. in control?

If I were you I would just relaxe and try to enjoy life instead of being all pushed out of shape 24/7. Life is passing you by.
Um, that's what we ARE after. civil marriages. NOBODY has a right to get married in a church, churches won't marry some straight couples if they don't believe the couple is right for each other.

Also, we can't have civil marriages because of DOMA and doma is unconstitutional, which is why the justice department is refusing to defend it. How about people stop voting in laws that aren't constitutional to deny people something they already have.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Um, that's what we ARE after. civil marriages. NOBODY has a right to get married in a church, churches won't marry some straight couples if they don't believe the couple is right for each other.

Also, we can't have civil marriages because of DOMA and doma is unconstitutional, which is why the justice department is refusing to defend it. How about people stop voting in laws that aren't constitutional to deny people something they already have.
So why haven't Homosexuals went after Unions on the Federal level?
Obama was all for granting Federal Unions with the same benifits as Marriage but nobody introduced this on the federal level, it makes no sense what so ever if you are looking for benifits, by now it would have been over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies