Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Um, homosexuality isn't a mental disorder and we are NORMAL. the only thing that ever even made me feel NOT normal was the fact that a majority of people aren't gay. that's it. nothing INTRINSICALLY about being gay EVER made me fell abnormal.

also you need to take psychology 101 because you don't even know what constitutes a mental disorder and WHY.
Homosexuality is clearly a mental disorder, I've never met a mentally stable gay person. This isn't something that people who be treated badly for, this is something that people should be helped dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
w

what do you think we are doing? who EVER said they were FORCING CHURCH marriages? i've never even heard a SINGLE gay person say that. right now the department of justice is NOT defending DOMA because it's unconstitutional. DOMA is what makes it impossible to have civil marriages for gay people.
The DOJ isn't defending DOMA because Obama is pandering to the gay community which is in his pocket.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why are you attacking me? Oh yeah, you hate straight people.

Yes, you CAN get married. Just go to the states that allow it.

If you really believe that not marrying your partner would destroy you life, you have more problems than can be solved by a same sex marriage.

I'm not sadistic, just realistic. And not filled with hate, as you so obviously are.

Um, not being able to marry makes life VERY HARD, and there's absolutely NO REASON why i shouldn't be able too. many gay couples are a hundred times better than lots of MARRIED STRAIGHT couples and have better and LONGER relationships.

I"ve lived in the same state my whole life. my family and friends are here. I do NOT like moving to strange new places. Why should i have to move across the country and turn my life upside down for something that YOU get to do right where you are?

why don't you move across the country to get married?

Why would i hate straight people? my whole family is straight as are most of my friends? am i trying to deny them or you some type of right?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Homosexuality is clearly a mental disorder, I've never met a mentally stable gay person. This isn't something that people who be treated badly for, this is something that people should be helped dealing with.
I've never met a mentally unstable gay person. and you're talking to one of the most average boring people right now. I'm a typical boy next door. the only 'mental disorder' i have is a case of social phobia, something that millions of people have.

and there's nothing to 'deal with'. it's just an ONE trait of mine, i also have brown hair, i'm a male and i'm caucasian. i don't have to deal with those things either.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
My gay friends all have a stable life with college degrees and a steady income.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
The DOJ isn't defending DOMA because Obama is pandering to the gay community which is in his pocket.
it's not defending DOMA because it's blatantly unconstitutional, IMMORAL, and eventually won't stand. eventually it will be overturned.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
In America the 'mental disorder' label is generously applied to various people: gays, liberals, atheists, muslims, etc.
Apparently, the only 'normal people' are white, christian conservatives.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
In America the 'mental disorder' label is generously applied to various people: gays, liberals, atheists, muslims, etc.
However, it is not a mental disorder to believe in an old man who lives in the clouds.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Really? Cause I've heard quite a few lefties around here call anyone who is a Christian as having a "mental disorder", because they believe in "fairy tales" or a "sky daddy". So I guess no matter what side you're on the people who believe differently than you must have a "mental disorder".

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Really? Cause I've heard quite a few lefties around here call anyone who is a Christian as having a "mental disorder", because they believe in "fairy tales" or a "sky daddy". So I guess no matter what side you're on the people who believe differently than you must have a "mental disorder".
Aren't people who hear voices in their heads considered mental ill, though? What's the difference between crazy people who hear random voices and people who hear God? And that includes all religions. (Have to be PC here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies