Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
How do liberals get away with being openly bigoted towards anyone who has a different viewpoint from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It's called "appealing to your base."
I seem to be remember a certain current president of a nation, whose name escapes me at this time, who expressed that his idea of a marriage was strictly between a man and a woman.

Or maybe I was just hearing things and misreading his lips.

What say you to this? Was I dreaming?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Republicans need an acceptable minority to demonize. The poor idiots that vote for them have to be whipped into fear and hate in order to vote against their own best interests. If blacks were still acceptable to demonize like gays are now, they'd use blacks as their scapegoats.
Actually we would put them very close to the Republican nomination.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:50 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You must be a bigot then since you're against the traditional concept of marriage. Why do you want to silence the voice of Christian Americans? Don't be a bigot.
Excellent!

Old 11-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Because gay people are odd and make our skin crawl? I don't know, but maybe that's it.
Not that there's anything wrong with that....
Well there unfortunately is some truth to that. I personally don't think they are odd, I happen to have an affinity toward gays, I think they are great. That being said, the thought of kissing and getting down with another dude will always be repugnant to me, i.e. make my skin crawl.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well there unfortunately is some truth to that. I personally don't think they are odd, I happen to have an affinity toward gays, I think they are great. That being said, the thought of kissing and getting down with another dude will always be repugnant to me, i.e. make my skin crawl.
What the what?
How painful are your cognitive dissonance induced headaches?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 PM

181 posts, read 234,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
You don't know the definition of "bigot".
Although I don't completely agree with the OP's post that Republican politicians are bigots. I'm gay and take no offense to Rupublicans in politics because people have their own beliefs and stances. My parents are Republicans and I am more hSome politicians are just doing that- stating their stance on same sex issues and there is nothing wrong with that.

However, some politicians are bigoted.
Definition of bigot: A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

Mitt Romney will take a tough stand against gay and lesbian marriage but also opposing most of their petitions seeking rights for these groups.

Mitt Romney is against the idea of letting gays and lesbians serve actively in the US Military.

Mitt Romney has openly opposed same-sex marriage saying that it is the family which forms the basic foundation of America. Romney has expressed support for the Federal Marriage Amendment which would modify the US Constitution and prohibit same-sex marriage.

Opposing the Supreme Court judgment on the matter, Mitt Romney strongly feels that same sex marriage would destroy not only the culture of America but would also irreparably damage the education system and thereby children.

Romney frequently told Republican audiences that every child has a 'right to have a mother and father'.

Maybe I'm oversensitive or maybe I just don't like the guy, but this is what I think: I would say Mitt Romney is a prime example of bigotry. He is completely devoted to intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water.
Uh, are you aware of the past 4 decades of political history in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That means you fall closer to the middle of the Kinsey scale than you want to admit.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:18 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
So if i see a difference between the sexual relationship of a man and a woman, and two gay men, it makes me a bigot?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So if i see a difference between the sexual relationship of a man and a woman, and two gay men, it makes me a bigot?

They call all people bigots if you don't agree with their lifestyle. That's all you hear from the gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies