Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 02:39 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
People can have a natural instinct that says Homo's are a genetic dead end...

We are the majority, otherwise there would be nobody to pass on our genes...

That's a fact...

It's self destructive deviant behavior, and it's nasty...
it's not a behavior AT ALL, you're talking to a gay virgin here, and it's not 'self destructive' any more than what you do is.

and it doesn't matter if you're the majority. ALL americans are to be treated equally under the law.

gay people like me who are born gay can't have a real STRAIGHT marriage. why are you against GAY people have GAY marriages. we can't have straight ones because we're not straight

also you talk as though there is some sort of competition going on to recruit people into being either gay or straight and you wish to win. this is NOT how it works in reality.

faulty logic, faulty emotion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 02:48 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
it's not a behavior AT ALL, you're talking to a gay virgin here, and it's not 'self destructive' any more than what you do is.

and it doesn't matter if you're the majority. ALL americans are to be treated equally under the law.

gay people like me who are born gay can't have a real STRAIGHT marriage. why are you against GAY people have GAY marriages. we can't have straight ones because we're not straight

also you talk as though there is some sort of competition going on to recruit people into being either gay or straight and you wish to win. this is NOT how it works in reality.

faulty logic, faulty emotion
I never said half of what you did....

I always laugh when my male dog tries to mount another male dog though

Silly Homo

Old 11-05-2011, 04:40 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
how is that comment excellent when it's not true? why would a GAY person have a STRAIGHT MARRIAGE. try using logic

Why would a homosexual enter into a legal arrangement obviously intended for heterosexuals?

A homosexual won't conceive a child out of wedlock, so why apply legal language to him or her as though it were needed to protect an innocent spouse and the couple's children from the consequences of sexual infidelity when, except for hurt feelings, there are none?

Does the law need to referee two grown men or two grown women playing house together?

Trying to change the definition of marriage to fit abnormal circumstances, like homosexuality, will not make homosexuality normal and attempting to eliminate the concept of normality is doomed to failure. As humans we're hard-wired to categorize things in our environment as either normal or abnormal. Throughout our history those who failed at this most simple of tasks also failed to add to the gene pool because they contracted avoidable contagious diseases or were eaten by bears.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why would a homosexual enter into a legal arrangement obviously intended for heterosexuals?

A homosexual won't conceive a child out of wedlock, so why apply legal language to him or her as though it were needed to protect an innocent spouse and the couple's children from the consequences of sexual infidelity when, except for hurt feelings, there are none?

Does the law need to referee two grown men or two grown women playing house together?

Trying to change the definition of marriage to fit abnormal circumstances, like homosexuality, will not make homosexuality normal and attempting to eliminate the concept of normality is doomed to failure. As humans we're hard-wired to categorize things in our environment as either normal or abnormal. Throughout our history those who failed at this most simple of tasks also failed to add to the gene pool because they contracted avoidable contagious diseases or were eaten by bears.
because our relationships are JUST as VALId as heterosexuals and we deserve the same LEGAL benefits you get via the 14th amendment to the constitution which says that any right can't be given to JUST SOME people and not ALL people. and many gay couples DO have children. You want to hurt our families for NO reason, while you enjoy that particular right. that's actually pretty sadistic.

also our lives are not 'plays' they are real and our relationships just as loving as YOURS

Old 11-05-2011, 05:05 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Exclamation Hogwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
People can have a natural instinct that says Homo's are a genetic dead end...

We are the majority, otherwise there would be nobody to pass on our genes...

That's a fact...

It's self destructive deviant behavior, and it's nasty...
A bunch of nonsense.

A "fact" ... rubbish.

Gay people throughout history have made fantastic and outstanding contributions to human history and society. People with "self destructive deviant behavior" don't get elected to be the mayors of major world cities or the US Congress or as US Senate approved Federal Judges. Gay people have won gold medals at the Olympics, Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes, wrote best selling books, excelled in the fine arts and the field of medicine.

Sounds like a mean nasty attempt to somehow justify an irrational hatred and bigotry against a group of citizens you don't like.

Being in the majority has nothing to do with it. "Majority" to me means ordinary, banal, mediocre. People with blue eyes, or with an IQ over 135, or professional athletes, or Jews, or Scandinavians, or Vegetarians ... are not "in the majority" ... so what is your point?

Homophobia in my view is a form of mental illness, no less than Agoraphobia or Hydrophobia.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark park View Post
a bunch of nonsense.

A "fact" ... Rubbish.

Gay people throughout history have made fantastic and outstanding contributions to human history and society. People with "self destructive deviant behavior" don't get elected to be the mayors of major world cities or the us congress or as us senate approved federal judges. Gay people have won gold medals at the olympics, nobel prizes, pulitzer prizes, wrote best selling books, excelled in the fine arts and the field of medicine.

Sounds like a mean nasty attempt to somehow justify an irrational hatred and bigotry against a group of citizens you don't like.

Being in the majority has nothing to do with it. "majority" to me means ordinary, banal, mediocre. People with blue eyes, or with an iq over 135, or professional athletes, or jews, or scandinavians, or vegetarians ... Are not "in the majority" ... So what is your point?

Homophobia in my view is a form of mental illness, no less than agoraphobia or hydrophobia.
excellent post

Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
I want to thank all the Republicans and other conservatives posting on this thread.

More than anything else, you have provided ample proof of the original post.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:29 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, the republican bastion of Washington DC has one of the worst rates of hate crimes towards gays anywhere.
Bigotry isn't restricted to the fundamentalist loonies that hold sway in the GOP, they're just the ones capitalizing on it to get votes.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
What candidate has endorsed bullying of gays? Obama is agianst gay marriage is he a bigot?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
How does the OP get away with being openly bigoted towards Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies