Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I don't recall saying anything about your kids OR public schools. Where do you think you get the right to tell OTHEr kids about how they should think of ME or treat ME? where do you get off thinking it's Ok to torture someone (which is what i went through in school) because they were born with a different trait then YOU? are you evil?
Nobody advocates torture.

I'm not interested in a discussion of your aberration in schools, pro or con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:33 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
yeah, and racists have 'freedom of speech' but usually we use our freedom of speech right back and tell them they're wrong.

bigots against gays have 'freedom of speech' and they're not being told they're wrong.
A good point.

People are entitled to their prejudiced and often ignorant point of view. They have freedom of speech to voice their opinions.

It's a two way street ... others have a perfect right to disagree and refute those opinions.

That is what freedom of speech is about.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Nobody advocates torture.

torture is very much was is happening to many gay kids in school. i don't ever see it happening to straight kids because of their orientation. i nearly committed suicide in school myself due to SEVERE bullying. if ANYBODy has to worry about what goes in in school. it's GAY PEOPLE. NOT you.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times
Quote:
If I look the other way at your aberrance, will you leave my kids alone at school?

Or are you determined to force your way into their curriculum?
Nope, they're gonna make your kids supergay. Force all the boys to sing broadway musicals and all the girls to play fast pitch softball. All those gays. Oogity boogity gays. Your children aren't safe from the Pink Mafia and their agenda. Better get used to a fabulous future, buddy.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:39 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:

I guess you are in favor of censorship, and do not support the concept of freedom of speech.

Let's face it, if the subject is being reported in newspapers or discussed on TV - students in school are going to discuss it as well. Controversial topics like the 2012 Elections, Occupy Wall Street, Abortion, Same-sex marriage, Death and Taxes, Lohan's Marriage, etc. are fair game for discussion.

Freedom of speech does not end at the school house door.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:42 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
... yet I don't even know if a pejorative for a Christian.
The wastes of life who go around loudly proclaiming themselves to be christian these days tend to do a good enough job tarnishing the term on their own. Sucks for all the people who aren't small-minded hateful idiots who happen to believe in jesus, the loudmouths and cretins give them a bad name.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 AM

306 posts, read 355,305 times
Default Fight!

Quote:
if they were openly bigoted towards any other minority they would be dead in the water. yet their MAIN candidates for president are OPENLY bigoted towards gays. ( and yes being against gay marriage or against the repeal of DADT or FOR bullying of gays DOES make you a bigot)

HOw can they simply just say these things openly with no consequence? they still get elected, they aren't trying to cover this up.

I'm gay and i did NOTHING wrong to deserve even a smidge of hostility or inequality. I deserve to be punished for choices i make that harm others, NOT for unchosen birth traits
Sweetheart. You have to understand that these poor people aren't very smart. They are frightened by anything that is outside their frame of reference. They mindlessly believe whatever their poorly educated (and most likely religious) parents taught them.

They aren't smart enough to think for themselves and reason it all out. It's so much easier to listen to what that catholic closet case screeches from the pulpit or what that blond, silicone-enhanced "news" reader on FOX regurgitates about gay people.

These people are what is commonly called "stupid" and they are the easily manipulated "base" of the Republican Party. They don't think. They listen and do what they have been told to do. There is no "Intellectual" thought going on.

They hate you and me because they don't know any better.

We probably should pity them but I'm all for crushing these stupid people out of existence .... the same way these idiots are intent on crushing US out of existence.

Man Up.

Quit whining.

Fight.

Be a hateful b*tch and don't take any sh*t from anybody.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:10 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
Although I don't completely agree with the OP's post that Republican politicians are bigots. I'm gay and take no offense to Rupublicans in politics because people have their own beliefs and stances. My parents are Republicans and I am more hSome politicians are just doing that- stating their stance on same sex issues and there is nothing wrong with that.

However, some politicians are bigoted.
Definition of bigot: A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

Mitt Romney will take a tough stand against gay and lesbian marriage but also opposing most of their petitions seeking rights for these groups.

Mitt Romney is against the idea of letting gays and lesbians serve actively in the US Military.

Mitt Romney has openly opposed same-sex marriage saying that it is the family which forms the basic foundation of America. Romney has expressed support for the Federal Marriage Amendment which would modify the US Constitution and prohibit same-sex marriage.

Opposing the Supreme Court judgment on the matter, Mitt Romney strongly feels that same sex marriage would destroy not only the culture of America but would also irreparably damage the education system and thereby children.

Romney frequently told Republican audiences that every child has a 'right to have a mother and father'.

Maybe I'm oversensitive or maybe I just don't like the guy, but this is what I think: I would say Mitt Romney is a prime example of bigotry. He is completely devoted to intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

Using your own standard, how are you not also a bigot?

Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Using your own standard, how are you not also a bigot?

how is he? are you one of those that think being against bigotry makes you bigoted towards bigotry and thusly a bigot?

that's called circular logic.

if i disagree with the KKK than i guess i'm bigoted against bigotry too and thusly a bigot.. right?

it's called trying to turn the purpetrator into the victim and it's a cowardly tactic.

epic fail

Old 11-05-2011, 02:32 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,105 times
People can have a natural instinct that says Homo's are a genetic dead end...

We are the majority, otherwise there would be nobody to pass on our genes...

That's a fact...

It's self destructive deviant behavior, and it's nasty...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies