Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL While you pat the OP on the back! Irony!!!
Not quite sure what you're talking about. I never patted the OP on the back. I could care less about his story, quite frankly. But I do resent someone deciding that he MUST do something with his money that someone else has decided is "fair".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
You made your money in medicine or with some medical related business? good for you.

The 1% that most people are RAGING at are people like Jon Corzine from MF Global, Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein, Henry Paulson, Larry Summers, Warren Buffett, and generally any other financial thief on Wall Street.

They are complaining about the CRONY CAPITALISM and revolving door between big wall street firms and government positions, TO ENABLE THE FUNNELING OF LOSSES ONTO TAXPAYER BACKS, WHILE PRIVATIZING PROFITS OR RIGGING COMPLETELY SO THAT PUBLIC ASSETS ARE TAKEN AS PROFIT/BONUSES FOR THEMSELVES.

We bailed out firms that took on HUGE risks with TAXPAYER money.

Now because of this, we are all poorer. The money printing and inflation and ZERO INTEREST RATE POLICY are killing this country.

Savers get no return on CD's/Dividends.....

Those with savings have less as more is printed / devalued.

You probably legitimately earned your money in the medical field, good.

They are mad at the douchehats who BUY a politician, make leveraged bets with OTHERS money on Wall Street, BANKRUPT the company, then ride off with a bonus and no PROSECUTIONS.

Got it?????????????????????????????

Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,876,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
... It is a known fact that most people who are born into one class will end up in that class as adults. This is fairly regardless of work ethic.
This is factually untrue in the USA. There is a very large churn among actual members of the top 10%. Intergenerationally, most large fortunes (the 1%) are dissipated completely within 2 generations - they are just gone.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
This is factually untrue in the USA. There is a very large churn among actual members of the top 10%. Intergenerationally, most large fortunes (the 1%) are dissipated completely within 2 generations - they are just gone.
Actually, it is true and I wrote about it earlier:
//www.city-data.com/forum/21609209-post478.html

Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Thumbs up The below post is exactly what I feel the OWS movement is about

for a large 'majority' of people in the US ! I'm not upset at people with money or expect them to support me, but I believe that we are supposed to give back in honor of what we have been blessed with whether we have much or little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You made your money in medicine or with some medical related business? good for you.

The 1% that most people are RAGING at are people like Jon Corzine from MF Global, Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein, Henry Paulson, Larry Summers, Warren Buffett, and generally any other financial thief on Wall Street.

They are complaining about the CRONY CAPITALISM and revolving door between big wall street firms and government positions, TO ENABLE THE FUNNELING OF LOSSES ONTO TAXPAYER BACKS, WHILE PRIVATIZING PROFITS OR RIGGING COMPLETELY SO THAT PUBLIC ASSETS ARE TAKEN AS PROFIT/BONUSES FOR THEMSELVES.

We bailed out firms that took on HUGE risks with TAXPAYER money.

Now because of this, we are all poorer. The money printing and inflation and ZERO INTEREST RATE POLICY are killing this country.

Savers get no return on CD's/Dividends.....

Those with savings have less as more is printed / devalued.

You probably legitimately earned your money in the medical field, good.

They are mad at the douchehats who BUY a politician, make leveraged bets with OTHERS money on Wall Street, BANKRUPT the company, then ride off with a bonus and no PROSECUTIONS.

Got it?????????????????????????????

Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,108,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Great post.

It is a known fact that most people who are born into one class will end up in that class as adults. This is fairly regardless of work ethic.
He credits his from being born in this country where there is opportunity. He doesn't mention what class he was born into.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
Its a shame that the jobs you and I and people like us did are not there for the very young. I started delivering newspapers at 12, cleaned yards and mowed lawns anything to earn a buck. In today's USA those jobs are now being done be adults trying to get by, creating LLC's so they can try to cover up the fact that good paying jobs are few and far between. The biggest problem I have is people who claim to be something they are not.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I didn't realize so many of the '99%' were Nigerians and other people born outside of the US.
You missed that point entirely. You have more opportunity here than you do in Nigeria. You won't automatically be rich if born in the US, but your chances are much better here then other places.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
He credits his from being born in this country where there is opportunity. He doesn't mention what class he was born into.
Actually, the OP mentioned selling drugs to rich kids to get the money to go to college so one can assume he was born with a plastic spoon in his mouth rather than a silver spoon.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Actually, the OP mentioned selling drugs to rich kids to get the money to go to college so one can assume he was born with a plastic spoon in his mouth rather than a silver spoon.
And the post I was addressing wasn't from the OP. Geez people pay attention some, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies