Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,191,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
but dammed if suddenly I don't feel a need to partake of some chicken fried steak and black-eyed peas...
And some sweet ice tea and banana pudding...

Liz

Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post

Liz
Don't forget the aunt jemima dress and the run-over shoes.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:10 AM

99 posts, read 198,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfush View Post
It is not my problem that you confederate flag supporters support such a symbol of ignorance. I really am indifferent in offending your delicate sensibilities about this topic and obviously feel comfortable with my stand on this issue. I don't find it necessary to personally attack you. I figure being a southerner is hard enough punishment.

Just keep in mind that this flag cannot be defended. It is the ultimate symbol of supreme ignorance, no question.

Thank you.
Gentle San Franciscan: It is not your opinion that has offended my sensibilities, rather it is that anyone could possibly grant you credibility, or that one could see fit to agree with your venemous commentary.

You have bothered to offer up no logic, no historical accuracy and nothing that resembles sensible discourse. That you dislike the Confederacy and everything associated with it is certainly your right and none would deny you that. However, as you will learn when you start college next year, a thesis or a theory always requires, at minimum, basic support.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:36 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,089,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post

Liz
Oh my goodness my mouth is watering!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:55 AM

382 posts, read 954,635 times
Quote:
The Confederate Flag is a flag representing the most shameful, embarrassing type of people who have ever inhabited this country and possibly any country in the world: the backwards, enormously ignorant, vile southerner who was uncivilized enough to support slavery. These human-rights retards were worse than the cannibalistic savages of the Congo. Difficult to measure the detrimental effect that these barbarians and their descendants have had and continue to have on the rest of the country.

No propaganda that you confederate supporters can generate can hide that plain, simple, and absolutely correct fact.
Amazing how these ignorant people generalize, especially from someone in Frisco. I see the woes of America are being blamed on those "bad white guys" again.

Someone pass me that jug of corn lickker!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
This thread has regressed into the whining of the dixie, who have had their feelings hurt by the ongoing reality of what their cherished symbol of ignorance represents.

Not my problem.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Amazing how these ignorant people generalize, especially from someone in Frisco. I see the woes of America are being blamed on those "bad white guys" again.

Someone pass me that jug of corn lickker!
Here ya' go, podner! *passes the jug* Want some cracklin's to go with it ?

Don, you want a swig too?

'course, we gotta watch our drinkin' a bit around the fine Southern ladies like Miss MissyMom and SouthernLady, but I bet they would join in with us in a fine accapella rendition of "Dixie."

Dadgummit though, them gnats seem to keep buzzin' around the ear. Nothing at all of any importance or consequence as individual little bugs --- San Franciso variety or whatever -- in and of themselves. But dammed if, yeah, they can be annoying when they buzz around the ear. Swat 'em, I guess. Or spray some bug spray...

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-09-2007 at 04:23 PM..

Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 PM

217 posts, read 879,476 times
Quote:
It is not my problem that you confederate flag supporters support such a symbol of ignorance. I really am indifferent in offending your delicate sensibilities about this topic and obviously feel comfortable with my stand on this issue. I don't find it necessary to personally attack you. I figure being a southerner is hard enough punishment.

Just keep in mind that this flag cannot be defended. It is the ultimate symbol of supreme ignorance, no question.

Thank you.

Although I am not from the south, my husband is and I think your comment is totally outrageous. Believe me, ignorance does not stop at the Mason-Dixon Line because you prove that point without a doubt.

Do you think the southern United States was the only place that practiced slavery. By your account, most of the world must be a vile place because slavery was practiced all over. Does that make it right? Of course not.

For someone to come from a place like San Francisco, you have alot of hate.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallylady46 View Post
Although I am not from the south, my husband is and I think your comment is totally outrageous. Believe me, ignorance does not stop at the Mason-Dixon Line because you prove that point without a doubt.

Do you think the southern United States was the only place that practiced slavery. By your account, most of the world must be a vile place because slavery was practiced all over. Does that make it right? Of course not.

For someone to come from a place like San Francisco, you have alot of hate.

Thank you, Tallylady. Just for being "good people"

Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Okay let me rephrase this.

Many people from Asia are willing, even proud to identify themselves with their continent as well as their home country. It's famous for old civilizations and old religions.

In Africa it's famous for its indigenous peoples, old ways, languages, music etc. and many people from those countries identifiy themselves with their continent as well as their country of origin.

Europe also has its own identity of Old World charm, multilingualism etc.

North America on the other hand is so newly settled they don't really have an identity.

South and Central America also pretty young too and only have a shared identity of corrupt governments and a predominance of the Spanish language.

What IS your point?

Is it that U.S. citizens should not call themselves "Americans" for fear of offending real people in the Western Hemisphere, the "politically correct police," or simply that you're proud to not identify yourself as an "American?"

What's so bad about the U.S. appearing ethnocentric?

I grew up in a country with a slight inferiorty complex that could be equally annnoying. Patriotism is in short supply up here.

I imagine most of the people who complain about the U.S. seeming self-absorbed are people who think their country sucks and are pissed that U.S. citizens by contrast tend to view their home country in a more positive light.
I took down the maple leaf..( my dog is from Ontario).......cause I am trying to sell my house,..... my Michigan flag wore out...... I now fly my YOOPER flag. I wonder if anyone will be offended by that ?...... I will not put up another US flag until there is a change in Washington, IE; A President is elected , fair and square , not appointed !
I keep my US flag safe , in a locked chest. To fly it would be hypocritical .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies