Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 01:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,669,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Damn what a day and it's only 3 pm.

First of all, I locked my keys in my car for the first time in my life. Had to call police and was embarrassed as they tried to pry the window open.

Second, a half hour later of dealing with police, I decided to grab lunch at the mall. When I pulled in and got out of my car, I saw an elderly woman unconscious on the ground with blood on her head. The sad part was that there were people standing around and taking pictures and leaving. I was the only to call 911. Very pathetic but kudos to the Dearborn police who came asap and helped the lady with upmost professionalism.

Now I have an exam at 6pm. More stress after a stressful weekend! I just hope that lady is ok and those idiots who were taking pictures and not calling 911 feel some shame. Seriously. Is there hope for humanity?
Yes, because there are 'STILL' a few people such as yourself, who CARE....who inspire others, and lead by 'example!' - Cheer up, TLV

Great post....AGAIN!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:48 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,819,924 times
Quote:
It's that persons loss honestly. That sucks man. I remember my boyfriend dumping me when my parents discovered me and him were together. It was bad because we were from different cultures and races. My parents gave me an ass whooping I never forgot.......

I'm also on the search for someone new. Let's hope and make a wish!
I always thought you were a guy But guys don't open such threads It would have been something like: So all hatred aside...how come [insert any party]s are such beep-beep beeps?

Anyway, apart from cold feet I am doing OK, not looking forward to Christmas and all that, though.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,043,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That sucks, but think about all the time that you have now. Golf is a dang time burner. I wish there was a way to play quicker.

Keep the ball in the fairway?

Still, I love to play. I am sorry that you don't get to play anymore. I am having problems with my back. I keep stretching it every day so that I can play a little longer.
Might want to give pilates a try - really strengthens those core muscles.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,978,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Giving my girls a couple months off then we hit the domes after the first of the year. My oldest played in two leagues last spring/summer and then played varsity HS golf....just missed going to state. It would be wonderful if we had the option of playing outdoors over winter.

Well, we had a couple of close to 100 degree days this year - the kids did fine playing, just a little cranky at the end.
Well I live on a large farm. I built a driving range in my back yard. I erected a large canopy to cover one of the tea boxes that has a kerosene heated blower in it. Even when there is snow on the ground, I can hit in relative comfort. My 3 year old is starting to play.

I buy the floatable balls and put him next to a big pond that he can't possibly miss and tell him to hit the pond with the ball. It is a way to build up confidence. I move him back away from the pond a little every day.

Golf for girls is great. They have great chances of getting a tennis scholarship to college. Far easier than boys getting football scholarships.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Might want to give pilates a try - really strengthens those core muscles.
I have started doing yoga. I don't know which sounds more girley pilates or yoga. I don't care. The yoga works. It is damn hard though.

As far as keeping the ball in the fairway. I try. I really do. I hit it along way. I am going to have to take some distance off to try to keep it in the fairway. It does take a long time looking for the balls in that deep rough.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM

Sounds like a great setup.

We do chipping in our backyard when the weather is reasonable.

Yeah, lot of opportunity for golf scholarships for girls, but just playing for a college would be wonderful and they both have that as a goal.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Yeah, lot of opportunity for golf scholarships for girls, but just playing for a college would be wonderful and they both have that as a goal.
I let my neighbor's daughter use the range. She has a teenage girl that really did not care about anything. She started hitting a couple of years ago and she qualified for State this year. It has completely changed her. It gave her a lot of self confidence and now she is thinking about going to college. I think I can help her get a scholarship. She would play in college with or without a scholarship.

What are your girls low rounds?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:

I want to set up a putting green, but the real ones are so expensive and time consuming to maintain. If my son continues to show an interest I will build one, but only then.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I let my neighbor's daughter use the range. She has a teenage girl that really did not care about anything. She started hitting a couple of years ago and she qualified for State this year. It has completely changed her. It gave her a lot of self confidence and now she is thinking about going to college. I think I can help her get a scholarship. She would play in college with or without a scholarship.

What are your girls low rounds?
Her best round for 9 holes last season was a 38.

For 18, an 85.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
It's that persons loss honestly. That sucks man. I remember my boyfriend dumping me when my parents discovered me and him were together. It was bad because we were from different cultures and races. My parents gave me an ass whooping I never forgot.......

I'm also on the search for someone new. Let's hope and make a wish!
I did not know that you were a woman either. Funny, you can never tell these things on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies