Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM

181 posts, read 234,267 times

Advertisements

I agree. Perry says some pretty dumb things, but his are obnoxiously funny. Palin's comments always made you think "did she really just say that" or "is she really that dumb... seriously?", and I miss that. So come back Palin. The world misses your incredibly ignorant comments!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
I agree. Perry says some pretty dumb things, but his are obnoxiously funny. Palin's comments always made you think "did she really just say that" or "is she really that dumb... seriously?", and I miss that. So come back Palin. The world misses your incredibly ignorant comments!!
I'm no Palin fan but I hope you're aware that most of the funny comments attributed to Palin are actually from Tina Fey? "I can see Russia From My House." comes immediately to mind. If you doubt me, check Snopes.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I'm no Palin fan but I hope you're aware that most of the funny comments attributed to Palin are actually from Tina Fey? "I can see Russia From My House." comes immediately to mind. If you doubt me, check Snopes.
You're right about the "Russian" line but it originated with a stupid remark by PALIN that implied that she had foreign diplomacy experience because Alaska was so close to Russia. THAT is stupid.

AND most stupid Palin remarks are directly linked to PALIN.....just because she whined about it like a two year old doesn't mean she gained a "stupid" reputation from anyone but herself.

Now, back to where are those drooling , chair sticking fans of hers...the ones who called her amazing, "one of us", real, intelligent...smarter than Obama....

Why can't they explain why she isn't being begged by the Republicn party to run??????

Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But you do pay heavy attention to your blogs when she does speak, don't you?

Have you not found out that Presidential candidates hand pick whoever they want to run with them? McCain picked Palin and Obama picked old Foot in Mouth Joe Biden and if you pay any attention to him you have to know that sometimes they have to muzzle him for talking the way he does.
Palin was picked for McCain, thought you would have known that

Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM

181 posts, read 234,267 times
Quote:
Ha Yes, I am aware of that it was not Sarah Palin on SNL. Thank you.

I was referring to quotes such made by Palin NOT Tina Fey such as:

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience.

"All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads.

"'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."

Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But you do pay heavy attention to your blogs when she does speak, don't you?
Nah, if she can't make a splash in the mainstream media, who cares?

Quote:
Have you not found out that Presidential candidates hand pick whoever they want to run with them?
Even if true (it isn't), that's supposed to absolve the GOP of responsibility? They nominated McCain, who went on to demonstrate his decision-making skills by picking Palin as a running mate. Nice job, there.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Even if true (it isn't), that's supposed to absolve the GOP of responsibility? They nominated McCain, who went on to demonstrate his decision-making skills by picking Palin as a running mate. Nice job, there.
The same can be said in regards to Biden.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you're missing the obvious so I'll give you the Cliff Notes.
Perhaps if you dropped attitude, we could have an interesting conversation.

Quote:
Palin was a gimmick.
Yup. That's kinda my point.

Quote:
The Dems had a black guy so the GOP gambled they would appeal to women and undecideds if they had a chick and any one would do. It was a bad gamble.
I suspect they also tried to court the fanatic Hillary supporters, who made much more of a splash in the media than their numbers merited.

Quote:
McCain had the election in his pocket till whoever pulls his strings thought up that farce.
I doubt that, but we'll never know.

Quote:
Caine and Bachmann are also gimmicks and I just can't see the GOP making the same blunder again. Caine is a corporate spokesmodel and Bachman is a Neofascist theocrat. Neither could win an election against Obama or anyone else.
Bachmann is clearly a sideshow, but isn't Cain pulling some pretty good numbers?

Quote:
Is it possible, the GOP could pull the same stupid human trick twice?
To me, it looks like the GOP is caught in the 2008 conundrum: Whoever can get nominated can't get elected and vice versa.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The same can be said in regards to Biden.
Yeah, but it would be a silly thing to say. Biden is knowledgeable and analytical, he just can't talk off-the-cuff at all. Palin is neither, and she, too, can't talk off-the-cuff at all.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're right about the "Russian" line but it originated with a stupid remark by PALIN that implied that she had foreign diplomacy experience because Alaska was so close to Russia. THAT is stupid.

AND most stupid Palin remarks are directly linked to PALIN.....just because she whined about it like a two year old doesn't mean she gained a "stupid" reputation from anyone but herself.

Now, back to where are those drooling , chair sticking fans of hers...the ones who called her amazing, "one of us", real, intelligent...smarter than Obama....

Why can't they explain why she isn't being begged by the Republicn party to run??????
If you listen carefully to that particular interview you will notice she is responding to a query about the close proximity of Alaska to Russia. Her response was more an offhand remark that got taken way out of context and not a comment on diplomacy. The question referenced recent Russian actions and how visible they were based on the proximity. Yes, the question was literally phrased in such a manner as to suggest the interviewer suspected the border between Alaska and Russia was somewhat drier than the reality.
Again I am no Palin fan but I do believe in giving the Devil his due.

As for why some people adore her......... Ginger or Mary Ann? Everyone leads a different life with different events helping them to form opinions. There is also the fact that contrary to an often repeated myth, we do in fact NOT all want the same things out of life. If we all wanted the same things, there would be no need for elections, forums, courts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies