Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:05 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
<shrug> If the GOP don't want their nose rubbed in it, they could have chosen not to make the mess. As it is, every time she speaks, it's a great opportunity to remind the public of the GOP's decision making skills. We're not the ones paying to hear her speak, after all.
How adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
How adult.
You don't think past candidate selection may be an indicator of future performance?

Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sure, Herman Cain and Rick Perry provide some laughs, but no one is as good as Sarah.

Where has she been?

Liberals are obsessed with Sarah Palin, just as they were with Dick Cheney. The libs need a visual "icon" through which they can vent their hate. It kind of serves the same purpose as statues of Saints in the Catholic church. However, the church of liberalism is a church of irrational emotion and hate, and the icons change every year or so. It seems in an election cycle, there is a new object of venom every couple months or so. Perhaps they should choose a more cheery object of scorn like an old "tickle me Elmo"; perhaps that would mellow them out somewhat.

Being so hateful all the time must be very consuming.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:17 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
<shrug> If the GOP don't want their nose rubbed in it, they could have chosen not to make the mess. As it is, every time she speaks, it's a great opportunity to remind the public of the GOP's decision making skills. We're not the ones paying to hear her speak, after all.
The GOP chose to make the mess of Sarah Palin....Are you smoking CRACK...

The left was absolutely amazed at her and that is why she was all over the TV/internet/cable/here on CD.....

The left could not stop talking about her....Hell, even here on this very site...I counted 9+ posts on page one...and even posted the screen shot of it....and the left even denied that....

Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'd like an APB on the rabid Palin posters who thought she was so "awesome" and so much smarter than Obama.....and have them explain why the Republicans haven't made the DivaDope one of their front runners......
Let me ask you a sensible question and in case you don't know how it works please don't embarrass yourself.

Do the parties always choose who they want to run for nomination as the Dems did in 2008? Hillary ran that year because she and Bill wanted her to do so. Now the establishment Republicans may want Romney to get their nomination but he had to make his own decision to run. All the other Republicans got in by themselves just as Hillary did. We now that the Dem establishment people wanted Obama but didn't want Hillary

Ok, is there a chance that Palin didn't want to run. She had to make the decision herself, not the party. Really I feel sorry for those like you who don't seem to know how this works.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals are obsessed with Sarah Palin, just as they were with Dick Cheney. The libs need a visual "icon" through which they can vent their hate. It kind of serves the same purpose as statues of Saints in the Catholic church. However, the church of liberalism is a church of irrational emotion and hate, and the icons change every year or so. It seems in an election cycle, there is a new object of venom every couple months or so. Perhaps they should choose a more cheery object of scorn like an old "tickle me Elmo"; perhaps that would mellow them out somewhat.

Being so hateful all the time must be very consuming.
Get ready for them to attack Newt just as they have all the others who have been in second place in polls. Marist has said that Newt is now ahead of Cain in their poll so it is Newt's turn. We do know what they will try to use on Newt though.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
All who miss Sarah should have bought those 2 X 3 foot posters of her. Mine has been on the wall next to my bed for months. I have to get a new one soon, the current one is getting awful sticky.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let me ask you a sensible question and in case you don't know how it works please don't embarrass yourself.

Do the parties always choose who they want to run for nomination as the Dems did in 2008? Hillary ran that year because she and Bill wanted her to do so. Now the establishment Republicans may want Romney to get their nomination but he had to make his own decision to run. All the other Republicans got in by themselves just as Hillary did. We now that the Dem establishment people wanted Obama but didn't want Hillary

Ok, is there a chance that Palin didn't want to run. She had to make the decision herself, not the party. Really I feel sorry for those like you who don't seem to know how this works.
I'd advise you not to embarrass yourself but I'm too late!!!

Parties may not "choose" who WANTS to run...but only the terminally naive would believe that the POWER group in each party doesn't determine who will get help and who won't.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The GOP chose to make the mess of Sarah Palin....Are you smoking CRACK...
Yes, yes they did. The GOP freakin' nominated her, capisce?

Quote:
The left was absolutely amazed at her and that is why she was all over the TV/internet/cable/here on CD.....
I think "astounded" rather than "amazed". It was the 'baggers who kept paying her to appear and to speak. And it was herself who kept elbowing in front of any camera that would extend her 15 minutes.

She herself is irrelevant. Her being made a force in politics isn't. Do you see the distinction?

Old 11-13-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do the parties always choose who they want to run for nomination as the Dems did in 2008?
Hang on - are you seriously claiming that the GOP has no responsibility for their nominees?

Quote:
Ok, is there a chance that Palin didn't want to run.
No. You say "No thanks" and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies