Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you read his "jobs bill"?

Clearly you have not.
What part of this statement do you not understand?

“We’re not going to wait for Congress. So my instruction to… all the advisers who are sitting around the table is, scour this report, identify all those areas in which we can act administratively without additional congressional authorization, and just get it done,” the president said at a meeting of his Jobs and Competitiveness Council in Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,487,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You may want to do a bit more research.

As for any misquotes of the constitution by President Obama i'd be interested if you'd refresh my mind on the particular incident as i dont remember it.
I have done enough research to know that Obama is utterly clueless with regard to the US Constitution. I seriously doubt he has even read the document. Every question the Boston Globe asked him, and all the other candidates in 2008, about the US Constitution he got wrong, except one.

As to his inane blunder during the 2010 State of the Union Speech, Obama stated:
We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we are all created equal….
He cited the wrong document. That "notion" is enshringed in the Declaration of Independence, not the US Constitution.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Not only did Obama, the truly amazing "constitutional scholar," get it 100% wrong, but so did everyone on his staff that reviewed his speech. When it concerns the US Constitution Obama is a complete moron. I feel sorry for anyone attending the idiot "guest lecturer's" seminars.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Executive Orders, as the name clearly states, applies only to the Executive Branch. A President cannot dictate public law, for example, or in any way effect the Judicial Branch via Executive Order.
Please don't expect lefties to understand the Constitution.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
I bet money 80% of Progressives have never read the US Constitution, except what parts have been posted on-line.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,487,142 times
Quote:
I bet money 80% of Progressives have never read the US Constitution, except what parts have been posted on-line.
I would be willing to bet that 90% of the American voting public has never read the US Constitution.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times
Quote:
Most of them cannot read or comprehend it anyway. Way over their heads.

Their hero Obama went to college to learn how to destroy it, not follow it.

His jobs bill is a joke.

If he really cared about jobs he would have not spent 2 years working on a scam HC bill and would have worked on jobs then.

Too late now, record homes gone, record homeless, record welfare etc al because Obama worked on the wrong project.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:19 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,831,423 times
Quote:
I'd bet 99.9% of the "pro constitution!" tea baggers couldn't even tell you what the constitution is, and would likely respond when asked with "All I know is it's good and we're suppose to follow it like Sarah Palin's tea party express!"

Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,408,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I would be willing to bet that 90% of the American voting public has never read the US Constitution.
I would bet money that even among the people that have read it 90% don't fully remember it/understand it. Aside from basic stuff that goes against the plain language of the Constitution that I have heard from "constitutionalists" (e.g. "people should have to pay income taxes to vote", and my personal favorite "the supreme court did not have jurisdiction to hear [the 14th amendment issues in] Roe v. Wade") there are a number of very basic concepts people seem to miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies