Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""" They helped show the ignorance and intolerance of Repugs."""

NOW YOU show where they are all unemployed and don't want jobs...NOW! PROVE IT!

You can't ...

It is a blatant Repug LIE!

I KNOW people who protested ...everyone of them has a job...that makes you a LIAR!
I have seen people interviewed who have a job....why don't you declare that ALL protesters are employed????

That's using YOUR reasoning!!!!!!!

YOU would've sure hated those AMERICAN protesters of the 18th century...the rough mob who created YOUR country....

But if you're so happy with the state of our country or are too scared to protest, then you must adore Obama!!!
Calm down spaz. Good lord. Let's talk rationally. Let me ask you this, how many of the protesters have regularly worked 90 hour weeks (the average work week for an investment banker)? Those of us who are annoyed by OWS don't whine and complain when things don't go our way. We shut up, work harder, study new skills at night and make something of ourselves. We are not so lazy that we sit in a drum circle when we could be preparing ourselves for our future careers.

Those protesting don't want jobs because there is currently a 3% job vacancy rate. Why aren't they taking the open jobs that are out there now? There is a higher job vacancy rate today than there has been in years. Why aren't they spending the time they spend protesting in a library reading and studying on how to create a job for themselves?

I know it is easier to whine and complain than it is to work to make something of yourself, but that doesn't mean I have to respect you for whining like a spoiled 12 year old and calling it 'the American thing to do'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Yes they are having an impact. they are causing small, mom and pop type businesses to close down.

are they doing anything positive? no.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Calm down spaz. Good lord. Let's talk rationally. Let me ask you this, how many of the protesters have regularly worked 90 hour weeks (the average work week for an investment banker)? Those of us who are annoyed by OWS don't whine and complain when things don't go our way. We shut up, work harder, study new skills at night and make something of ourselves. We are not so lazy that we sit in a drum circle when we could be preparing ourselves for our future careers.

Those protesting don't want jobs because there is currently a 3% job vacancy rate. Why aren't they taking the open jobs that are out there now? There is a higher job vacancy rate today than there has been in years. Why aren't they spending the time they spend protesting in a library reading and studying on how to create a job for themselves?

I know it is easier to whine and complain than it is to work to make something of yourself, but that doesn't mean I have to respect you for whining like a spoiled 12 year old and calling it 'the American thing to do'.
My name isn't 'spaz', oh intelligent one and calling me that is against TOS.

""They helped show the ignorance and intolerance of Repugs."""

You can't ...

I KNOW people who protested ...everyone of them has a job...that makes you a LIAR!
I have seen people interviewed who have a job....why don't you declare that ALL protesters are employed????

What are you so afraid of???

Old 11-16-2011, 09:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Fortunately there are more and more people who are tired of waiting to get trickled on. But, you are free to keep waiting if you like. If OWS movement succeeds, you too will benefit, whether you help or not.
suceed at what?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
My name isn't 'spaz', oh intelligent one and calling me that is against TOS.

""They helped show the ignorance and intolerance of Repugs."""

You can't ...

What are you so afraid of???

Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
No. They had a legitimate issue but no real goals , no leadership, no real conviction to effect change and couldn't see the whole problem in its entirety. Just complaining about part of a problem and not working to fix it is pointless. That and they wasted any support they may have had by bizarre behavior.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Curious to see what others think.
Much of that depends on the corporate run US media.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times

Occupy Wall Street eviction - Protester talking about throwing Molotov Cocktails at Macy's

They're definitely making a real impact on how sane people view those idiots!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:

You can't ...

Why don't you show us where anyone actually said that ALL of the OWS protestors are unemployed and don't want jobs. Seems like you're really missing the point, nobody said ALL and that's all you seem to be hung up on because you can't defend anything else people have posted.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Let me remind you that it was the capitalist that were running things when the economy took a nose dive.
It was pure capitalist decisions and control that put millions of Americans out of work and failed the banks.

Trying to label the OWS movement as anything other than Americans expressing their rights is absolutely slander and anti-America. If you not satisfied with seeing free people express themselves then perhaps you should find another place where they don't allow it like China or North Korea.

To the topic of this post, we will never really know the full impact of these protests because they are reported on corporate news media which is dominated by the 1%. All the radio dissenters like Limbaugh and Beck are the 1% and their agenda is to protect their wealth and the security of the richest people in America. The common American, the working American, the middle class, the poor no longer have a voice in Washington and the only way to be heard is through protest. These protest are not limited to America. They are erupting everywhere in the world. The answer is yes. No matter how hard the 1% try to downplay these protests the results continue to grow throughout the world.
Isn't it wonderful to see our constitution in action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies