Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I find the Tea Party to be far worse. They were hanging around acting like patriots, when they are really a bunch of aging whiners who want to avoid responsibility for their golden years. I find them pretty repellent.

I will admit OWS got out of hand at times, but I think there were a lot of homeless people,etc. mixing it up. I think their frustration, namely that we are being fleeced by the financial sector was very understandable.

How about just acting like sensible people for a change. Enough of the squatting, bong smoking, and phony patriotism.

That was my point.
Lol Aren't homeless people part of the 99%? In fact, aren't they the 99% of the 99%? Do you not care about them? Unlike the Occupy terrorists, they do not have their parent's basement or dorm rooms to go to at night, or pcs and ipads to play with, and can not afford that daily dose of Starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 11:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Lol Aren't homeless people part of the 99%? In fact, aren't they the 99% of the 99%? Do you not care about them? Unlike the Occupy terrorists, they do not have their parent's basement or dorm rooms to go to at night, or pcs and ipads to play with, and can not afford that daily dose of Starbucks.
Did you not know that it is politically incorrect to mention the "homeless" while a Democrat occupies the White House?

The "homeless" are only to be mentioned when a Republican occupies the White House. I am certain NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, and CNN sent you copies of the memorandum.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
The Tea Party is majority about real America and Americans.

OWS is a minor group of bums who like their hero who stuck a cameraman in the neck with a pencil are mainly losers who are just a bunch of slobs who wont even take a bath.

The OWS is what Obama described them as yesterday. A bunch of lazy asses who are criminals, thugs and welfare cases who just want hand outs.

You did not see rapes, killings, drug overdoses etc at the TP Rallies.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
The homeless are below the standards of the occupiers. They tried to get some food from the collective and all hell broke loose. The liberal utopia unless your not one of them of course.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The TEA Party is not even in the news. When they were, they did not engage in illegal activity.
That's why they're not in the news.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,820,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
That's why they're not in the news.
Right. No violence, no throwing rocks. no breaking laws, no defecating and no rapes w/Tea Party

I opt for the tea party anyday over OWS andf a bunch of children who are probably supported by mommy and daddy. [I bet they'd even feed the poor.]

Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Right. No violence, no throwing rocks. no breaking laws, no defecating and no rapes w/Tea Party
No lice, no ringworm, no TB, no shingles, no STDs, no turning public areas into cesspools. Very boring for the media to cover compared to a OWS landfill.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Sounds like OWS is getting squished, but they made their point. The Tea Party is in hibernation, but they made their point.

Can we just get back to being sane, informed citizens for while?

I am getting annoyed with all this outrage.

Moderates rule, radicals drool!
Lol, I have yet to meet a moderate. Please give me the moderate position on abortion, death penalty, same sex marriage...........

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post

A lot of the OWS here in New Orleans are the same drug using gutter punks I've seen running around the French Quarter for years.

I see one on St Claud Av everyday holding a sign asking for money to travel home. She's been on this corner over three years. The only traveling she's doing is to her heron connection after getting money from idiots who fall for her BS.

busta

Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 AM

35 posts, read 18,758 times
Quote:
Sounds like OWS is getting squished, but they made their point. The Tea Party is in hibernation, but they made their point.

Can we just get back to being sane, informed citizens for while?

I am getting annoyed with all this outrage.

Moderates rule, radicals drool!
I always question those who consider themselves to be "moderate" or "in the middle".

Being in the middle of the Republican and Democratic parties is useles. How is taking some things from a terrible party and other things from another terrible party beneficial? Its time so called moderates to look to the third parties in a serious manner. It is time America does things differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies