Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times

Advertisements

Sounds like OWS is getting squished, but they made their point. The Tea Party is in hibernation, but they made their point.

Can we just get back to being sane, informed citizens for while?

I am getting annoyed with all this outrage.

Moderates rule, radicals drool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,556 times
I was confused by the thread title, at first. I kept thinking: where and when did the Tea Party illgally camp out? And for how long?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
The TEA Party is not even in the news. When they were, they did not engage in illegal activity.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,820,073 times
2 entirely different groups.

OWS was helped by groups as the new sprouts form ACORN -- saw one "very proud former ACORN organizer" in NYC interivewed on TV -- wouldn't give her new organization and dressed better than news anchors (gotta love the cash flowing there and imagine the clean hotels -- this was stillettos and a snazzy suit and her hair recently done.) If they brought out the "average Joe", then the average person also brought people who were violent.

Tea Party? No violence and not doing anything other than try to change govt. for the better: eliminate the pols in who do nothing or are beholden.

Just hope both groups turn almost all pols who are not listening to the actual populace out of office in 2012. Neither need go away -- just work to change the system for the better

Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
2 entirely different groups.

OWS was helped by groups as the new sprouts form ACORN -- saw one "very proud former ACORN organizer" in NYC interivewed on TV -- wouldn't give her new organization and dressed better than news anchors (gotta love the cash flowing there and imagine the clean hotels -- this was stillettos and a snazzy suit and her hair recently done.) If they brought out the "average Joe", then the average person also brought people who were violent.

Tea Party? No violence and not doing anything other than try to change govt. for the better: eliminate the pols in who do nothing or are beholden.

Just hope both groups turn almost all pols who are not listening to the actual populace out of office in 2012. Neither need go away -- just work to change the system for the better
The ACORN connection would certainly explain Obama's affinity towards the OWS adolescents.

That is the difference liberals cannot comprehend. In the last four years there have been two "news-worthy" protests coming from two completely different ideologies.
  • One applied for permits, organized a specific message, marched peacefully, legally, and publicly, then cleaned up the own trash after they were finished.
  • While another violates city laws nationwide, has no specific message, violently attacks police and each other, and relishes defecating in the streets, on police vehicles, and American flags to demonstrate their utter disdain for the very nation that gives them the freedom to commit these heinous acts.
Gee, which ideology do you think the authors of the First Amendment actually intended?

The last time I checked, throwing rocks and bottles at police and their own fellow protestors does not constitute a "peaceful" protest.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
Fiddlehead, no offense...but your question is slanted as to show you aren't speaking reality, to start the thread! The Tea Party is not even comparable to these Fleabaggers, not in any way except they're both meeting publicly.

Oh, never mind...your starting point is nonsense.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchofweirdos View Post
Acorn? hasn't the democratic party been calling ows a "grass roots movement" ? hahahaha.
I believe that it truly is a grassroots movement. ACORN and the union thugs, like Obama and the Democrats, are a Johnny-Come-Lately hanger-on. They hope to glean some relevance vicariously through the OWS.

The fact that there is no clear message, and so haphazardly organized, is a clear indication of incompetence, massive amounts of naivete, and sheer ignorance which could only have been produced by a disorganized rabble of prepubescent children.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:03 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Fiddlehead, no offense...but your question is slanted as to show you aren't speaking reality, to start the thread! The Tea Party is not even comparable to these Fleabaggers, not in any way except they're both meeting publicly.

Oh, never mind...your starting point is nonsense.
I find the Tea Party to be far worse. They were hanging around acting like patriots, when they are really a bunch of aging whiners who want to avoid responsibility for their golden years. I find them pretty repellent.

I will admit OWS got out of hand at times, but I think there were a lot of homeless people,etc. mixing it up. I think their frustration, namely that we are being fleeced by the financial sector was very understandable.

How about just acting like sensible people for a change. Enough of the squatting, bong smoking, and phony patriotism.

That was my point.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
The tea party participated in the electoral process which is how one effects change in the government. You may not agree with them but they did it in a civil and legal manner. The OWS folks are just sitting around public parks, putting folks out of business in the area, doing things in public that are illegal and not changing anything but their diapers if they have the time or energy. Who paid for the tea party rallies? The tea party. Who is paying for the OWS campouts and the mess that needs to be cleaned up? The taxpayers. And these selfish little wanna be hippies don't care one bit.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
Thank you! Yes, that you feel repelled by the Tea Party is the worst thing you can say about them, or calling them whiners is indeed music to my ears. err.....eyes!

Of course they are not "acting" like Patriots, we ARE, Patriots. Acting is for the Hollywood Hypocrite Crowd that sits on the front row of shows that honor our troops, and then most of them leave there and vote to support Communism in the Oval office, of which its leader in that office degrades and insults our troops.

Have you seen the video of the Official Tea Party Theme song, yet?
Notice a large, yellow sign that says it all, proving the Non-Partisan nature of the movement, saying "Two Parties, Same Result."

I Am America - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies