Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The tea party participated in the electoral process which is how one effects change in the government. You may not agree with them but they did it in a civil and legal manner. The OWS folks are just sitting around public parks, putting folks out of business in the area, doing things in public that are illegal and not changing anything but their diapers if they have the time or energy. Who paid for the tea party rallies? The tea party. Who is paying for the OWS campouts and the mess that needs to be cleaned up? The taxpayers. And these selfish little wanna be hippies don't care one bit.
You have written my exact thoughts! I agree with you 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Sounds like OWS is getting squished, but they made their point. The Tea Party is in hibernation, but they made their point.

Can we just get back to being sane, informed citizens for while?

I am getting annoyed with all this outrage.

Moderates rule, radicals drool!
The Tea Party is hardly in hibernation. They just know that the way to bring about change in this country is at the ballot box.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Sounds like OWS is getting squished, but they made their point. The Tea Party is in hibernation, but they made their point.

At what event did the tea party stay illegally and rape each other while threatning to burn down NYC so that the tea party needed to go home?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
I find the Tea Party to be far worse. They were hanging around acting like patriots, when they are really a bunch of aging whiners who want to avoid responsibility for their golden years. I find them pretty repellent.

I will admit OWS got out of hand at times, but I think there were a lot of homeless people,etc. mixing it up. I think their frustration, namely that we are being fleeced by the financial sector was very understandable.

How about just acting like sensible people for a change. Enough of the squatting, bong smoking, and phony patriotism.

That was my point.
I'm printing this out and hanging it on my wall. I will look at it every day and recite, "please be kind to liberals. They're obviously unbalanced and have no concept of reality. Instead, they see everything that is on the right as terrible, and everything on the left as noble, no matter the truth."

Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:

Doesn't look like OWS is going home...

Live feed - The Other 99, Ustream.TV: -Twitter- @TheOther99 @Iwilloccupy This channel is being maintained by The Other 99. We continue to be a primary source from ...

Looks like their marching on the stock exchange...

Old 11-17-2011, 07:51 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
As long as there's a black person on welfare or a Mexican applying for a job, the tea party will not rest.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:

1) Stop taxing us to death while simultaneously wasting our money and destroying our children's future
2) Live within a budget
3) Follow the Constitution

Wow..pretty radical stuff..scary

Old 11-17-2011, 11:17 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Quote:

I don't know what the hell your talking about, the Tea Party is the only group that IS sane. k:

Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
I don't know what the hell your talking about, the Tea Party is the only group that IS sane. k:
I beg to differ. The Tea Party thinks that after 40 years of getting theirs, they can go on an antitax rampage so they can destroy the government for the coming generations. Anyone born before 1964 needs to pay an extra 10% in taxes so that our tremendous drain on SS, Medicare, and the like does not bankrupt the government for our kids. And yes, we need government. Anyone who claims otherwise has been sniffing too much ether. And yet the sane lucid Tea Party boomer whiners would like to try to convince us that if we cut their taxes again, everything will miraculously work out. What self-serving garbage. Noone of my generation (I was born in 1964) was overtaxed relative to the services we received from our government. We were undertaxed, because our parents paid for the infrastructure and us boomers had the vote to get anything we wanted. Now, a true patriot does not think about how to stick it to his own country after a life of largesse and opportunity; he tries to serve. The Tea Partiers are about as patriotic at the tax-dodging Greeks who are destroying their country and, by extension, the EU.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
But what homes can they go to? They're a bunch of unwashed smelly lazy hippies who poo their pants and on law enforcement equipment. They probably all live under bridges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies