Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,690,986 times

Advertisements

Well lets see the Tea party was due to economic issues and had NOTHING TO DO WITH FOREIGN POLICY. In fact it was about TARP, TAXES and Later OBAMACARE. The disinformation campaign of 9-11 is Americas fault is the new neocon verison of your unamerican Ron Paul nonsense. Paul explains POLICY of which Rush and most talking heads don't want to discuss because its in the 9-11 Commission Report, well documented, shows how STUPID the last 30 years of GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION IS, and trys to scale back some of our HILTER type polices when it comes to Nation building etc.
The 2008/09 melt down tea party attacked republicans and democrats who supported to big to fail was the reason the tea party came about and republicans won the election in 2010 foreign policy was not that reason.

Economics = Paul!!! so when you look at that way Paul was against the bailout, the FED and the entire 2010 election movement was over ECONOMICS and his Son Rand Paul was directly connected TO IT Ron Paul is more in line with TEA PARTY then this nonsense of foreign policy.

Rush is now trying to link a foreign policy of which has been a NON issue for most of the year when it comes to the tea party movement.
Most republicans by now see a failed view of foreign adventures and mostly from a economic side.

Sounds like Rush doesnt know what he is supporting and is doing his best to ignore Ron Paul probably mostly for PERSONAL reasons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 07:24 PM

309 posts, read 428,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Yes, I broke the tea party in 4 different groups, and the tea party by Paul supporters did have tea party events. Then the neo's saw a good idea and started their own. If Rush is right why is there a vid of tea party events in 07 ?

He is right that the tea party backed by Fox/Palin/Beck has nothing to do with Paul except hi jacking the idea from his supporters and of course the colonist. It is obvious that the {R} tea party is not behind Paul, first it was Bachman,then Perry, then Cain, and now most likely they are looking at Newt.
I consider myself Tea Party, a Republican that was sick and tired of bailouts, crony corporatism, endless wars and RINO's, I supported Ron Paul in '08 and will again in '12. I've said time and time again the polls and media indicating the Tea Party is backing Bachmann, Perry, Cain or Newt is a fantasy produced by the media.

The Tea Party has never been about social conservatism, only fiscal conservatism. That neocons saw an opportunity to hijack the Tea Party to push their own agenda is too bad since now the Tea Party is associated with the likes of Bachmann simply because she chose to form a Tea Party caucus in the House. Since the Tea Party is and always has been a grassroots organization that has no national representative that speaks on our behalf, there can be no endorsements made by same. This is why I'm done with listening to the media on both the right and the left. They both have their agenda which is fine as long as everyone knows that. Just don't presume to speak on behalf of the Tea Party.

Last edited by SDBorn; 12-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 12-16-2011, 08:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,647,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No need to go that far. I enjoy listening to Rush, he is smart and very entertaining. I can disagree with him, and still like him. I think most of his listerners are smart enough to make up their own minds, hope so.
I agree. I have been listening, off and on, since he started out. Sometimes I agree, a lot of the time I don't but, I make up my own mind. He makes you think about what he is saying......
He isn't a shill and someone must be listening to him as he makes an awful lot of money to talk...LOL.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
He is correct. Ron Paul is not a teabagger, and tea party members don't care for him much. They see RP as anti-Israel, an American apologist, and a loon.
The Tea Party are not teabaggers, either. (As far as I know.)

Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,307,614 times
Maybe Limbaugh fell off the wagon

Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Rush Limbaugh is a mental and moral monstrosity.
Here come the attacks and insults! From the "tolerant" and "open-minded" left!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Ron Paul really doesn't have anything to do with the Tea Party. Ron Paul actually argues ideas and is civil. The Tea Party lacks ideas and lacks any civility. So I actually agree with Rush for once.
I think you are confusing the Tea Party with the OWS mob. Now known as the OIA (own illegal aliens).

Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Exactly. I don't think RP would even want to be associated with the contemporary tea party. That would be an insult to him.
Yeah, who would want to be associated with a group that is asking the government to not raise taxes and to not spend more than it receives in tax revenue. How "terrible!"

Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,307,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Here come the attacks and insults! From the "tolerant" and "open-minded" left!
the left is not tolerant of racist hatemongers, such a shame.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Do you agree?

http://http://www.mediaite.com/online/rush-limbaugh-ron-paul-has-nothing-to-do-with-the-tea-party/ (broken link)
Rush is so very, very wrong about this.

Maybe he's referring to the neo-cons version of the Tea Party, not the original Tea Partiers who are still out here and we support Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies