Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That's actually not true at all.

People have believed in some outside force or higher power for all recorded history .... believing in one form of God or another, or many many Gods for different things ... long before governments and churches existed.

So what explains that? I'll tell you ..... most people have an inherent, inbuilt belief in some form of supernatural or higher power than themselves. It's as old as the question .... "Why am I here?" and "What is the purpose of my life?".
Ignorance, just as you have shown. You say it's an inherent belief, but lie to yourself once you qualify it with "Why am I here." Ignorance begets beliefs.

There has always been human ignorance, and following that ignorance has been a great number of great gods.

There is no inherent belief, just inherent ignorance.

Quote:
Atheism and evolution says ... "You have no purpose.
Purpose is a human invention.

Quote:
You were an accident of nature, totally random and having no plan at all."
You have been corrected repeatedly on how the Theory of Evolution works. Natural Selection never has been and never will be "random," by definition, as it is selection. Continued feigned ignorance towards this will result in continued mockery.

Quote:
This mindset leads to having no value. One directly leads to the other.

A great many atheists would disagree, simply because Christianity, and many religions, offer life after life. Many atheists have no such beliefs, which makes life all the more precious.

Quote:
f you have no purpose, and your existence totally incidental, you have no value and can therefore be dismissed as unimportant.
Logically incoherent. How is value at all related to perceived purpose? A rock is but a rock until it is defined a hammer--a totally human invention.

Quote:
This is how your "Overlords" have managed to convince you to actually PROMOTE your own destruction.

Silly people.
The irony of this statement is undoubtedly lost on the devout religious followers.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:42 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
What you are saying is that you are basically full of religion and you need to retaliate against what you were taught. You know that there is no problem there but don't blame anyone else but yourself for not believing or having faith there is a higher being or spirit..
What I have said it that as a child, I was inundated with religion by well meaning parents. Education and maturity rendered that religion - and all others - meaningless to me. I don't "blame" myself for anything - I credit myself for having the courage of my convictions, just as you seem to credit yourself for yours.

Quote:
We know that discovery is when one has a history to make effective choices on good or bad things we remembered. One is expected to pick out the good ones because they are good for sound mental health and good for the soul plus they (hopefully) help people around us make a choice of good or bad too..
Creating your own definitions does not further your argument...
Quote:
I believe an atheist has very little inspiration to excel and little ethics at most...If everyone wants to know how Spirituality plays into Ethics is that the very nature of Spirituality is bound by Ethics..
Key words here: I believe

I believe that you are entitled to your beliefs, no matter how misinformed, self-righteous, and arrogant they might be.
Quote:
It is known that an atheist does not believe in God. Whereas, an Agnostic does not believe in a god nor believe there is not a god.....Kinda like caught in an constant updraft of a wind tunnel... Maybe or maybe not. Should or shouldn't I. Go left or right...Not sure then read some passages on Spirituality..
I'm sure you think you have posted a pithy observation. Well, you haven't - just more drivel.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:21 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The constitution prohibits the Government from passing any laws which will be put on the free exercise of religion basically , and that is it , where the new rules of freedom from religion is a add on since the 1940s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies